Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all....

About 5 months ago an intermittent problem began in which the cabin air blower will not come on after starting the engine. Probably happens about 60% of the time.
I tried changing relays and fuses and finally removed the glove box to make sure al the connections to the fan were ok... no problems found.

I've spent more then one afternoon sweltering in the hot Florida sun because of this. Then something happened... during one of those times where the blower didn't want to work I hit a speed bump on a local side road... fan immediately came on (important to note that the fan works just fine in all speed settings). Hmm...
So I was thinking a loose wire somewhere....

about three weeks when it happened I thought to reach under the glove box and tap on the bottom of the blower motor case... fan immediately came on. Now, every time this happens all I have to do is reach under the glove box and tap, ever so lightly on the blower motor case, and it works just fine.
soooooo.... anyone have any suggestions???

2008 Ridgeline (RS)
165,000 miles..

·
Registered
56 Posts
Sounds like a failed blower motor. Once the coil starts to fail, smacking the dash or hitting a bump can cause it to free itself enough to work for a while.

·
Registered
288 Posts
My angle grinder does this...just figured it was the crappy manufacturing of Harbor Freight power tools :)
I agree the blowermotor is having issues; do these motors have brushes?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts