Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought a 06 Ridgeline RTX over the weekend.

Tried the A/C for the first time tonight and it just basically blows room temperature air. The RMPs of the engine kick up a little when it turns on so I know it's going but the air isn't really that cold.

I ran the diagnostic and it gave me no errors.

Any help would be great. Thanks guys. Love the truck!

·
Premium Member
388 Posts
Maybe time for an AC recharge. That's my thought on that..

·
Super Moderator
2006 Ridgeline RTS in Steel Blue
7,262 Posts
Search " RELAY" multiple threads on that. Since your profile is lacking basically everything, I have no Idea what model you have, because in '06 there was no RTX, and it was only around for '07-'08 MY. If for some reason you happen to have an RTL, I know the Factory Seat heater is able to be swapped for testing purposes.

Try this thread http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/71-problems-issues/92370-ac-clutch-relay-failure-venting-r134a-pag-oil.html

Or this thread, http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/71-problems-issues/134178-07-ridgeline-ac-issue.html for starters, the search in the upper right side can be very helpful.

Reactions: speedlever

·
Super Moderator
2008 Ridgeline RTS in Billet Silver Metallic
22,582 Posts
Make sure the cabin air filter is clean too.

Can you hear the compressor engaging?

Ditto the comments above. If you have an RTX, that is a 2007 or 2008. Post up some pics of the exterior and interior and we should be able to help you learn what trim you actually have. Look at the sticker on the door jamb too for date of mfg.

Reactions: Carsmak

·
Registered
3,115 Posts
Turned the air on over Memorial weekend (Finally winter ended!) - same thing warm air. Not good as we were going to Florida the next week. AC recharge did the trick - no leaks. Worked great for the couple weeks driving in Hell.. Florida's hot & sticky 90 degrees plus days. Glad to be back into Wisconsin air conditioning :smile:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts