Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Greetings,
I have searched the forums for a specific problem like mine, but I am having trouble coming up with a search that shows results that explain my exact problem.

I have a 2007 RTL with 92,000 miles. It has given me zero issues and I am the original owner. It did go in for recall work years ago for a blower motor. No additional issues other than routine maintenance.

It has been warm where I live, about 90F. Yesterday, the A/C started blowing hot for 15 minutes, then it would get cool, but not as cold as usual. Even when it eventually starts blowing coolish air, there is no drip of water from the engine compartment as usual. I tried all the different settings and modes. Both recirc on and off and DEF on and off.

It does change idle speeds (increases?) when I engage the A/C, but I do not hear any clicking.

Fan speed and vents in the passenger compartment appear to be working as normal, just blows hot for much longer than usual and does not get as cool as normal.

I tried using the factory manual's method to self-diagnose by using the controls, it shows no faults or errors.

Any suggestions on how to get a better idea as to what might be the problem would be greatly appreciated.

· Registered
2,725 Posts
Check you compressor clutch relay under the hood. They are in a fuse-relay box on the passenger side near the firewall. You'll see a group of three in a row. The one you want is the middle of the group. You can swap it out with one of the similar ones (such as heated seat, heated windshield relay, etc). and see if it solves the issue. If so, buy the relay, it's like $7-$8 bucks at Autozone.

Attachments

Reactions: Carsmak

· Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Check you compressor clutch relay under the hood. They are in a fuse-relay box on the passenger side near the firewall. You'll see a group of three in a row. The one you want is the middle of the group. You can swap it out with one of the similar ones (such as heated seat, heated windshield relay, etc). and see if it solves the issue. If so, buy the relay, it's like $7-$8 bucks at Autozone.
This advice was spot on, fixed it! Everything is now working fine, the part cost me $6.12. Thank you everyone for your input!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.