Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am new to ROC. After having the RidgeLine for 2 months, I noticed some spotting under the vehicle. It is a clear fluid. I immediately took it into the dealership. They determined that is was the A/C compressor pump was leaking oil. They stated this is a problem with the Honda Pilot and not the RidgeLine (A/C pump is same part number as the RidgeLine, DUH). The leak was very slight and must have leaked for a while since I only noticed a few spots. Oil was present right below the radiator and on top and bottom the black engine cover under the vehile. They stated there is a faulty oil ring and replaced the entire pump.

Despite the problem with the compressor pump, this is an awesome vehile.

·
Premium Member
6,881 Posts
Thank RidgeBoyRTL, we will be watching for fluids. How many miles do you currently have. Two months is not a long time but I guess if the HVAC pump had a bad O-Ring it wouldn't matter how old or how many miles it had. Anyway thanks for the post.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The vehicle had only 1,200 miles by the time I noticed the fluid. It could have had a bad o-ring right from the assembly line/factory.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Did they actually find oil in the liquid? AirConditioners will gather an amount of water if they are one for a while. This water will often drain off the until when it is sitting still. If it is just water there isn't anything to worry about. In the middle of the summer I noticed water under my truck when I had the AC on a lot, when the AC wasn't on nothing.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It was actually a clear oil. I discovered the clear fluid. Brought it to service and they discovered it was the AC compressor. The shop foreman stated they have seen this with the Honda Pilots (same engine as the RigeLine).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts