Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Is it possible to replace just the knobs of an A/C control? I bought a used replacement for mine however it has different knobs. would like to move the ones off my old unit to the replacement. I have an 06 RT with Manual A/C.

Premium Member
2010 RT - Bali Blue
Is it possible to replace just the knobs of an A/C control? I bought a used replacement for mine however it has different knobs. would like to move the ones off my old unit to the replacement. I have an 06 RT with Manual A/C.
You could just pull it hard enough to detach it. I did that with mine to re-seat the fan control knob.
When you mean the AC Knob, you are talking about the Temperature adjustment knob on the far right correct?

Registered
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for responding. Yes, I am referring to the temp control knob and the blower speed knob. My unit seems to be the only one in the world with the plain silver knobs and the only replacement I could find has the same knobs as in your photo.

Attachments

Registered
The silver knobs were used on all 2006-2008 Ridgelines. The rubberized knobs were used on all 2009-2014 Ridgelines. The part numbers for both the knobs and the entire control assemblies are different.

Have you already installed the replacement control assembly yet and does it work?

Registered
Discussion Starter #5
Haven't installed the unit yet, so don't know if it will work. The problem I had was the blower speed control knob was funky, worked sometimes and not others, when I pushed on it I could make it function from time to time. I have since read on this forum how I could have tried a fix to the contacts but too late, I had already bought the replacement.

Registered
Hi. I know your question was asked a long time ago, but I have to do the same thing on my 2011 Ridgeline. I want to remove one of the A/C temp knobs. Do you recall if it worked to just pull hard enough to remove it? I've been wondering if there's a hidden set screw that would prevent that from working.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts