Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
About 3 weeks ago, I installed an after market stereo head unit.
Now Since then all except for today, my A/C Heater system worked fine. The Light was on, the display worked. Now today, I was digging around my fuses for a bad fuse because my daytime running lights were out, so I unplugged a couple fuses and eventually I found the bad fuse. I obviously replaced all fuses exactly as they should be. When I started the truck, my daytime lights finally worked, however my stereo was reset and the Display on the A/C wasnt working neither did the controls for it.

Do you think the possibilities of this issue is due to the fact that I am using an aftermarket stereo, where as the stock radio you have to enter a code to make it work.

Is it the issue of having that code entered into the system or is it something else?

All help is appreciated. Thanks

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I finally figured it out. BAD FUSE.....duh, i missed one. It is the 10 Amp fuse located near all of the 7.5 amp fuses inside the truck where your left foot rest.

There is a little compartment with all of those fuses, and I checked each one, one by one, and found not a single bad fuse, so I was running in circles thinking the computer had something to do with it.

I got my little led current tester and saw that one fuse didnt light up on one side.....so I said, you bastard!....and i replaced it.....voila....HEAT.....( :

Hope this helps the next person...

DOUBLE CHECK YOUR FUSES AND RELAYS...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts