Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an '06 RTL. I noticed the a/c low line does not have any insulation under the hood. It is cold when the a/c is running but it is exposed to the very hot air under the hood. I was thinking of putting some foam insulation over it but thought I should get some advice on it first.

· Registered
4,633 Posts
If it wasn't built with it, don't add it. You could hold moisture inside the insulation and cause corrosion issues.

· Registered
1,762 Posts
We've experimented with some of our other Hondas, using mini-split heatpump installation materials as the coolant lines (not on our RL's) caused a splash&splatter effect due to the moisture drip.

There is a tight-form-fitting insulation material, essentially leaving no air gap between the material and coolant line, thus, no condensation forms as the encased aluminum lines no longer sweat. On heatpumps, this material is used to insulate dual copper lines running on outside building walls and the lines can not be allowed to drip any condensate.

With lines remaining dry, there is no issue with corrosion, same as there is no issue of corrosion on heatpump coolant lines. This has no observed effect on cooling efficiency.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.