Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2008 Ridgeline with 29,000 miles. The problem is that the a/c stops blowing cold air and when this happens I noticed that the high beams don't work. After it sits for anhour or two the a/c works fine and the high beams also work again. Anti freeze level is fine as is the pollen filter. The connection between the a/c and high beams makes no sense to me, anybody have any ideas? Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
5,620 Posts
AC relay problems are pretty common. Don't know, but do a search here for that & you'll find a lot of interesting & possibly useful info on others' experiences.
Also, there are a couple of issues with the blower that throw off seemingly unrelated failures with it. Search for heater blower; one is a recall that has to do with an exposed connection under the dash that can get kicked (don't think it's that), but another is with a connector "plate" that gets fried/melted; also under the dash, but harder to get to if I remember right. That one can cause mystery problems & starts out with intermittent failures if I recall. I think Speedlever had his radiator fan failing along with his heater blower due to that connector melt down (I'm not real sure, but I think that's right). There are good pics of that issue with the melted connector. I'm sure others will have more/better ideas.
Good Luck

·
Super Moderator
2008 Ridgeline RTS in Billet Silver Metallic
22,786 Posts
As Dnick said, in my case, I had no blower and neither of my radiator fans would run.

I didn't see the location of the faulty connector myself, but my understanding is the affected connector is somewhere behind the dash.

I checked every fuse and relay to no avail trying to track down the source of the problem. Finally had to take it to the dealer and Honda picked up the 90% of the repair costs... well out of warranty too.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Speedlever I squeezed my fat a.. under the dash, which was much easier when I was younger and noticed a definite smell of melting/ burning plastic but I couldn't locate the connector so to the shop it goes. Thanks for the responses guys I'll let you know what they say.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Havig had the same problem, we must accept that Speedleaver has covered the issue very well. I contend that all of us should report it to the NTSB as a danger issue as it could be a fire source.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If it is in fact melted or burned I will make the notification to NTSB I have worked with them on numerous insurance claims investigations for my company.

·
Registered
5,620 Posts
Havig had the same problem, we must accept that Speedleaver has covered the issue very well. I contend that all of us should report it to the NTSB as a danger issue as it could be a fire source.
Forgive my ignorance, but just how does one go about doing that???

·
Super Moderator
2008 Ridgeline RTS in Billet Silver Metallic
22,786 Posts
That is a good point and something I did not think to do. I've had the link in the past, but don't recall the process at the moment.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts