Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
626 Posts
So, what's my excuse for having one? I don't have kids and I don't own my home... :D

I'm glad the Ridge is still getting good reviews, although there were a couple of things that bothered me about this one (like the height problem of the door handles on the outside -- wouldn't running boards help with that? If not, then I'd say, it's a truck!!) and the rear visibility problem (if it's a problem for you, Honda offers two OEM solutions, and there are many third-party solutions; this is not an issue that is particular to the RL!).

Anyway, thanks for posting, T Mac!

·
Registered
774 Posts
I agree with the backup blind spot. I hit my neighbors car just 5 days after getting my Ridge. 3 scratches on my bumper for me 1800.00 damage for her.
LOVE MY RIDGE.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
I guess my issue with it is that she seems to complain about the 4star rollover, but there isn't likely to be a truck that can ever meet 5 star due to the mechanism by which the rating is calculated. You would have to drop the Ridgeline 2 inches approximately to get it to a 5 star rating. The rollover chance is something like 12 to 14% putting it at the top of the 4 star rating. Other issues are pretty minor really, but I was surprised there was zero mention of the trunk.

·
Registered
3,242 Posts
Since I rarely carry rear passengers, I somewhat alleviated the limited rear vision by removing the right rear headrest. This gives me the capability of seeing a little farther down the street, pass the range of the rear view mirrors. When I need it, I just pop it back in.

·
Premium Member
6,881 Posts
Our Ridgeline is friendly with our family:rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
5S Dude said:
Our Ridgeline is friendly with our family:rolleyes:
Does this mean it doesn't bite? My Ridgeline bites. Frequently when I open the door it tries to come slamming closed on my leg. If I am not fast enough I get clipped. Of course this is my own fault parking the poor guy on a ramped surface.

·
Registered
307 Posts
captmiddy said:
My Ridgeline bites. Frequently when I open the door it tries to come slamming closed on my leg. If I am not fast enough I get clipped. Of course this is my own fault parking the poor guy on a ramped surface.
You could back in :)

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
Lol - sorry, not really meaning to laugh at you, but I am imagining the Ridge "biting" you.

I'm always worried about my RidgeRats sticking their hands/fingers out the back window while I'm closing it.

-ridgeln

·
Registered
670 Posts
You are a natural Ridgeln! It does make a difference

(No messages in PM).

Cheers,

·
Premium Member
6,881 Posts
Cool link there iROC, Never gave it much thought when adjusting my mirrors. I had no idea there was so much technique and science to it. Thanks.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts