Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 72 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Pulled up at lowes and get out of my truck and the Tacoma parked next to me the guy says I see you got a girls truck.
I respond,you are wright,the girls that this truck attracts are on
the feminine side;however the girls that are attracted to your truck most likely have BIGGER BALLS then you!
His look on his face PRICELESS!

Registered
Discussion Starter #3
Good way to get a face full of fist, but great comeback. 馃槂

I'm always worried when I walk away from something like that I'll come back to find my car or truck keyed all along the side.
I wasn't worried about that as i am not a small guy.I can hold my own.

Registered
2018 Honda Ridgeline RTL-E
The fact that the Taco guy said anything is an indication of regret on his part. I read a review in a car mag on the Taco vs Ridgy . He said in order to look tough you need a Taco. But if you wanted anything else the best overall is the Ridgeline. I drove all three, Ford, Chevy and Taco no contest. Biggest decision was how long I needed to wait to find the unit I wanted.

Administrator
Since 2007, I've had two encounters at gas stations surrounding my Ridgelines.

The first was several years ago when an older guy driving an Avalanche covered in political, patriotic, and military stickers hollered that I should buy American. I showed him the labels on our vehicles that stated the Ridgeline was made in Alabama and his was made in Mexico. I wanted to pull out my phone and show him that the domestic parts content was also higher on the Ridgeline than his Avalanche, but he didn't seem too interested in learning anything else at that point. He left without even saying goodbye.

The second was a younger man driving a filthy Ford Ranger with a missing exhaust system who yelled something about the Ridgeline being a girly truck. He drove off without giving me a chance to reply to his commentary.

Overall, I've had a greater number of employees at drive-thrus, home improvement stores, and grocery stores give positive comments or ask "what kind of truck is that" questions.

Registered
2019 RT Ridgeline ~ Luna Silver
I haven鈥檛 had any bad encounters with strangers. But a good friend that I鈥檝e mentioned on here before. With his lifted fx4 f150. Always likes to make comments like 鈥渂ut you wouldn鈥檛 do that w a Ridgeline...鈥.

Why do people thing that we have any plan to mud riding or rock crawling just because it鈥檚 a truck?
Is that a requirement now... if so, his big ass truck with Raptor tires is NART ...NOT a truck either because I鈥檝e only ever seen it have a little road grime on it, they never take those big trucks off-road. They just like to look like they do...
I drove a 2wd f150 for 20 years and never got stuck. Hunting, fishing, and camping. Just use common sense... Before that I had a Nissan Maxima, I would launch my 16鈥 finishing boat w no problems. People would stop and see if I could pull it out, hey buddy... V6, FWD, weight over the tires. I鈥檝e had to give plenty of 2wd 鈥渢rucks鈥 a 鈥渢ug鈥 just so they could get moving. And some take help reluctantly, they would rather sit there and smoke the tires... 馃槀 true story!

The ridgeline is the perfect combination of vehicles that allow ME to do everything 鈥淚鈥 need in comfort.
I don鈥檛 go around asking them how they could live with such an ugly wife/husband... why are trucks free game? 馃槀 馃槤 馃槅

Registered
I was just driving through a small town Colorado and was at a light next to four guys in a big ol massively lifted redneck romper truck, they yelled out to me 鈥渂itch truck!鈥 As light turned green, I just floored it and dusted them, but still amazes me how dumb people can be

Registered
2019 RT Ridgeline ~ Luna Silver
I need to make some NART stickers with the image of a lifted truck over the letters. I鈥檒l slap one on the bumper of the next jacked up truck I see with armor-all slathered on it鈥檚 tires. They won鈥檛 get it. 馃槅
Every time I go to my in-laws for holiday dinners. They younger cousins have big lifted and loud trucks. Both with a big set of bull balls hanging from the hitch. Yea, real classy. Nothing like family. Last I heard one of them was coming home from 鈥渢he rig鈥 and blew his transmission. 馃槀 probably from doing donuts 馃崺 in a grass field.
not from actually doing work. Or even hauling a sheet of plywood home...
馃槀
馃馃徎

Registered
My brother-in-law likes to constantly remind me that my Ridgeline is not a real truck. I remind him that Toyota now makes a Rav4 TRD off-road just like his Tacoma. I also remind him that while I'm going on my 11th year serving in the Army, he is working on his 7th year of his air-soft team. And yes, he wears tactical everything, nine line apparel, and his Tacoma is tan.

Administrator
My brother-in-law likes to constantly remind me that my Ridgeline is not a real truck. I remind him that Toyota now makes a Rav4 TRD off-road just like his Tacoma. I also remind him that while I'm going on my 11th year serving in the Army, he is working on his 7th year of his air-soft team. And yes, he wears tactical everything, nine line apparel, and his Tacoma is tan.
There's even a TRD Camry for 2020, though not off-road.

I have to admit it sounds really good - though very un-Camry-like in terms of sound, feel, and appearance.

1 - 20 of 72 Posts