Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The front turn signals: You have to remove the plastic under cover from the bottom of the vehicle. Its quite a few clips and bolts but simple enough that doesn't need to be shown.

The rear tail lights: Just two screws/bolts, simple.

The interior lights: The on/off map lights and roof lights require you to pry gently at where they hinge. Its the side opposite of where you would push.

The doors: If you have them are from the top

The license plate lights: grab the edge with your finger nails and pull back towards you.

·
Registered
29 Posts
A how to on accessing the interior & license plate bulbs

Thank you for posting this. Do you have a list of the bulbs needed too?

I know that on the RTL the map lights, dome lights, bed lights, and license plate lights can all use 194 wedge style bulbs. I had read on here that the RTL-E and Black edition use different assemblies that can't be changed out for the map lights and dome lights.

·
Registered
926 Posts
I bought this kit from eBay for my dad's truck. Haven't installed yet. I usually buy from VLED's, but for the money I figured I'd take a shot on these first.

14 x White LED Interior Bulbs Kit+ License Plate Lights For 2017 Honda Ridgeline | eBay
Hi,

Did you happen to install these yet? Was wondering how to replace the center console light and visor lights as well.

Edit: The eBay was installed today, looks great! The visor lights were easy to install, use a flathead in the bottom 'notch' on each one. The center console light is the smallest bulb I have ever seen, there was not a replacement for this one in the kit. Not sure where an LED version of this can be found.

·
Registered
12 Posts
How did you do the bed lights? The clear plastic cover seems to be glued to the assembly. I'm getting hairline cracks trying to pry them apart

EDIT: Nevermind, I was not supposed to pry apart the plastic. Instead, the gray plastic part is twist-off
Way to go parn, you managed to mess up changing a lightbulb.

·
Super Moderator
5,338 Posts
The front turn signals: You have to remove the plastic under cover from the bottom of the vehicle. Its quite a few clips and bolts but simple enough that doesn't need to be shown.

The rear tail lights: Just two screws/bolts, simple.

The interior lights: The on/off map lights and roof lights require you to pry gently at where they hinge. Its the side opposite of where you would push.

The doors: If you have them are from the top

The license plate lights: grab the edge with your finger nails and pull back towards you.

Can't believe the RTL-T does not even have light bulbs in the door panels--just a reflector. I guess I should consider myself fortunate that I have visor lights.

Reactions: noside85

·
Registered
290 Posts
well, for the life of me I cannot pull the license plate bulb. I can take out the housing from the bumper but cannot remove that friggin bulb.

·
Registered
17 Posts
well, for the life of me I cannot pull the license plate bulb. I can take out the housing from the bumper but cannot remove that friggin bulb.
Not sure what the problem is- If you have the housing out the boot twists and separates from the housing, exposing the bulb. The bulb pulls straight out. If you're having a hard time grasping the bulb wrap electrical tape around the bulb a few times and pull the tape; bulb should come out

·
Registered
290 Posts
Ok I had a go at it again just now and I managed to get the bulb out by gently prying it with a flathead screwdriver. I swear it wasn’t pulling out by hand. LEDs now in. Thanks all.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Am I wrong to state the RTL-T only has two rear dome lights in the interior that are replaceable? The front dome / map lights are fixed?

I have a 2019 and wanted to change out to colored LEDs, but turned out to be a short project! No floor lights, no door lights? Geez... $40K does get you much.

·
Registered
554 Posts
Am I wrong to state the RTL-T only has two rear dome lights in the interior that are replaceable? The front dome / map lights are fixed?

I have a 2019 and wanted to change out to colored LEDs, but turned out to be a short project! No floor lights, no door lights? Geez... $40K does get you much.
Does your RTL-T have a moon roof? If your lights look like the top lights, then you should have regular bulbs. If your lights look like the bottom lights then they should be leds.

Attachments

·
Registered
355 Posts
Re: A how to on accessing the interior & license plate bulbs

I know that on the RTL the map lights, dome lights, bed lights, and license plate lights can all use 194 wedge style bulbs. I had read on here that the RTL-E and Black edition use different assemblies that can't be changed out for the map lights and dome lights.

You either read that partially wrong or the poster was somewhat incorrect.

I’ve swapped out the dome lights on my E with wedge style LED’s just like the door lights. There are the lights in the headliner above the rear passenger area I’m referring to. The map lights in the OH console between the driver and passenger are LED from the factory-hence the partial correct/incorrect in my comment.

·
Registered
355 Posts

There are also accent lights in the front doors-I put red LED’s in mine.

That’s $40k also gets you numerous blue led “courtesy” lights, in the OH pod, front foot wells, door pockets, etc.

Does your RTL-T have a moon roof? If your lights look like the top lights, then you should have regular bulbs. If your lights look like the bottom lights then they should be leds.
for the OH console this is correct

Yes, I have the moon roof. Guess they are LED.
Those in the console are yes. I to have a moonroof in my E and there are lights over the rear passenger area in the headliner that can be swapped to LED’s , 194 style wedges.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Those in the console are yes. I to have a moonroof in my E and there are lights over the rear passenger area in the headliner that can be swapped to LED’s , 194 style wedges.
So my "T" only has two rear dome bulbs that can be altered. They are now blue as are the bed lights... while they look cool, the don't throw very much light.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts