Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
2104 Honda Ridgeline SE
1,809 Posts
I just purchased this upgrade online for $30.10 with free shipping. Here is a link...
http://www.g1parts.com/SearchResults.asp?Search=83250-SHJ-A03ZB

www.G1parts.com

G1 Parts has an option to insert your VIN # to confirm the ordered part will work with your vehicle. Leave this box blank as they will send you the basic one without the mirror and refund the difference. This happened to me but they replaced it quickly and sent a shipping sticker to send back the first one. I guess since its not a Ridgeline but an Oddyysey part, the computer rejected the conversation mirror holder for my RTS after I entered my Vin#.
A1 for Customer support with the quick turnaround with the proper part.

·
Registered
521 Posts
Got mine from them quick and installed it. Great little upgrade. Just don't leave it down in the "access sunglasses" position on a hot day. The mirror falls off, as they only used some cheap two sided tape to attach it.

·
Registered
3,040 Posts
Sounds like you should go to the $$$ dollar store and glue on your own cheap mirror! :act064:

·
Registered
22 Posts
Does it open further and still serve as a sunglass holder? I watched the video and at one point, it seemed like it openned up, that is, first push = mirror, second push = eyeglass holder. Please verify. Thanks!

·
Registered
2,568 Posts
Also looks like it would be great for checking blind spots ???

·
Registered
2,568 Posts
Anyone happen to know the part number for the olive interior?

The part number would be 83250-SHJ-A03ZA. NOTE: G1Parts has free shipping -- runs $37.59 for the console delivered

·
Registered
22 Posts
Just installed it, very nice, easy and perfect fit. Just a word of caution: If you are at an age that requires you to use reading glasses, the reflected image will not be clear to you. I see blurry images of my toddlers in the back which can be helpful but not quite what I had hoped for. This of course is not a criticism of the product; instead, just an FYI to older folks like me.:act006:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thank to the video from College Hills Honda (http://www.collegehillshonda.com/honda-ridgeline-accessories/2006-2011-ridgeline-interior.htm) this was an easy 10 minute install.

I ordered the part from my local dealer. (same price, next day and free shipping) This part is for the Gray interior.

4 screws, unplug power, reconnected and done!

Now I can see the whole back seat!
This is the one I need....I do not have any garage door buttons on my 2008 RTX. Do you happen to know what the part number in beige might be?

·
Registered
119 Posts
This is the one I need....I do not have any garage door buttons on my 2008 RTX. Do you happen to know what the part number in beige might be?
Is the passenger in the front seat able to see the back seat as well? I just ordered this part because I liked the conversation mirror so much in my wife's 2011 Pilot. When she's in the Pilot's passenger seat, she can see the back just as well as I can. Why would Honda not put these in all of their vehicles??? From what I've seen they use this same style in basically everything from an Accord to the Odyssey.

Up until now, I've been using a crappy Babies R Us suction (or suck-tion) cup convex mirror stuck to the windshield just below my rear view mirror.

Thanks,
Tony

·
Registered
22 Posts
Is the passenger in the front seat able to see the back seat as well? I just ordered this part because I liked the conversation mirror so much in my wife's 2011 Pilot. When she's in the Pilot's passenger seat, she can see the back just as well as I can. Why would Honda not put these in all of their vehicles??? From what I've seen they use this same style in basically everything from an Accord to the Odyssey.

Up until now, I've been using a crappy Babies R Us suction (or suck-tion) cup convex mirror stuck to the windshield just below my rear view mirror.

Thanks,
Tony
From what I can tell, the mirror is not biased towards the driver or the passenger.....it is straight on. My wife (the passenger) can see the back as well as I can.

·
Registered
119 Posts
From what I can tell, the mirror is not biased towards the driver or the passenger.....it is straight on. My wife (the passenger) can see the back as well as I can.
Thanks for the reply! According to UPS' Tracking, I should have mine Monday (9/26/11). I can't wait! I really wish I had known about this a year ago.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Just picked up a used 06 Ridgeline and love it. My wife has a 2010 Odyssey with this mirror in it and I don't like it too much, too high up and not a good mirro. I just used the one I had in my old Pilot that clips to the mirror and hangs down below it. They are like $5-10 at any store. They are adjustable up and down and side to sid and you don't have to look up out of driving sight to use it, it is at "eye level."

·
Registered
2 Posts
Does this mod remove the home link controls for the garage door openers?
I have been using the mirrors night glare setting and have gotten used to looking past the reflection to see the road but would love to have this mod!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts