Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK folks, please inform me on posting the photos I plan to take tomorrow of my new truck! Thanks also to everyone for all of the information. I went from GMC Canyon hopeful last year, to almost a Tacoma owner and even checked out the speedy new Frontier. Then the Ridgeline arrived and I thought it was UGLY.

Somehow over the last month my opinion changed 180 degrees and after many back to back comparisons I decided this is by far the best truck for me. I had the dealer install the roof rack, running boards and automatic day/night mirror and carpet floor mats. The mud flaps and wheel locks were on it. They will put on pin stripes next week in the daylight.

No mark-up, no MSRP, I paid a $289 "processing fee", license plates, 3% Virginia tax, and the equivelent of retail for the roof rack, boards and mats. The beauty is that when you subtract all of that from the total, I paid INVOICE plus about $200!!!
I am so happy, it drives great.

One small thing, the XM is not activated.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Congratulations and best of luck with it. It seems that you got an exceptional deal. I put a deposit on the same vehicle in NY this evening and was thrilled to get $1,500 off MSRP (after weeks of negotiations). I am still uncertain as to which dealer installed accessories I am going to purchase as my dealer's price (including installation) are quite high. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
10,401 Posts
My truck is almost exactly like yours...but don't worry, I'm 600+ miles away!!! :) I went through the same process as you did, except I included the domestics as well. It came down to the Tacoma and the Ridgeline, truck .vs. people hauler with a bed. The family won :)

Congratulations, and enjoy your Ridgeline.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I put her to work today with only 22 miles on it!

after a year of listening to truck topics my wife thought I would never make a decision and did not ever want to see or hear about it. When I got home last night with the Ridgeline she was suprised that I had bought anything. We went outside and I showed the Ridge to her. She looked at it, got in and asked for a ride. We drove around the neighborhood in silence. After getting home she circled the truck and finally spoke, "Where is the trailer hitch?!"

She likes it too, but now I need a hitch. So this morning I went to Home Depot and loaded up in the rain. I bought 2 five gallon buckets of drywall mud that easily fit in the trunk and a large tarp. The tarp went in the bed, 14 sheets of 4X8 drywall and a few tie downs and off we went. On the highway at 60 I almost forgot anything was in the bed. If not for the rain I would have taken some pictures.

It does fine as a truck then a nice luxury ride home after work!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts