Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy,

Is anyone having a problem with a noise coming from the driver's side door pillar between the front and back seats? It seems to be coming from the area where the seatbelt attaches to the pillar.

It is a whistle sound, not a squeak or squeal, but it's not from the wind. I tried everything to figure out a pattern. Windows up, down, sunroof open, etc., etc. Believe it or not, it has to do with letting off the gas slowly and trailing off the brakes.

I can do it at will by pressing the gas pedal on and off slightly. It happens at any speed, but more so as I start or stop at a light.

It is very odd and MOST annoying. A little help here? Techies? Hmmmm?? :confused:

·
Registered
406 Posts
That one is weird enough that I would take it in to the dealer as soon as you can since it might be related to fuel flow.

How's your mileage? No other symptoms at all?

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No other symptoms that I can tell. The milage is as advertised. No complaints there. This is actually the only thing I've had go wrong so far with about 2800 miles on it.

It started out of the blue yesterday. I guess I'll take it in tomorrow. Thx.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Good guess. It comes from right there. It's strange because it's not a squeak. It's a whistle.

I'll get it into the shop soon. Once I find out what it is I'll post the solution.

Thx. :D

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Mystery Solved

Alrighty then........

Here's a handy little tip for all you Ridgeline Owners...

A little background first. Y'all remember I had this noise? Right behind my left ear? Well, taking the comments from this fine website seriously, and being "ever vigilant" when it comes to the upkeep of a new vehicle, this Junior Member marched straight into my local Honda Dearship.

After throughly and repeatedly describing the problem to a series of Service Staff Employees, the desision was made to go for a ride with the mechanic.

Always the Detective ('err....Defective), I suggested the Mechanic sit in the back seat, behind me. I moved some items I had in the back. Some tools, blueprints and a shirt so I could fold down the left half of the back seat.

We started out and as Murphy predicted, it would not make the sound. I'm thinking, "Geeze....here we go...."

We discussed it and surmised his weight in that seat may have prevented the noise. I stopped and he moved to the front passenger seat while I put everything back in place.

Immediately the noise returned! He asked if anything amoung my tools could be making noise. I told him I didn't think so because the noise was coming from a spot to high for a tool. I told him I could make the noise at will. I bumped the accellerator repeatedly as he looked for the source.

Ok. I told you that to tell you this. Remember that handy tip I spoke of? Well, Y'all might not want to use wire hangers when you transport a garment in your shiny new truck. Seems the little buggers make an odd whistling noise when they pivot on the coat hook as the garment swings back and forth upon starting and stopping. LOL

I told him I thought I should feel like a dork, but that I didn't because the shirt was way out of my view, no matter how I twisted around to locate the noise while driving. He said it happens all the time. An elderly gal had a clunking noise during starting and stopping. He found a flashlight rolling around under her passenger seat.

So, Techies relax. Mystery solved. I'm a dork. What's new? HAHA

So for this Junior member, I'll be signing off. Good day! ;)

L

·
0 Posts
Re: Mystery Solved

Mike B said:
Alrighty then........

Here's a handy little tip for all you Ridgeline Owners...

A little background first. Y'all remember I had this noise? Right behind my left ear? Well, taking the comments from this fine website seriously, and being "ever vigilant" when it comes to the upkeep of a new vehicle, this Junior Member marched straight into my local Honda Dearship.

After throughly and repeatedly describing the problem to a series of Service Staff Employees, the desision was made to go for a ride with the mechanic.

Always the Detective ('err....Defective), I suggested the Mechanic sit in the back seat, behind me. I moved some items I had in the back. Some tools, blueprints and a shirt so I could fold down the left half of the back seat.

We started out and as Murphy predicted, it would not make the sound. I'm thinking, "Geeze....here we go...."

We discussed it and surmised his weight in that seat may have prevented the noise. I stopped and he moved to the front passenger seat while I put everything back in place.

Immediately the noise returned! He asked if anything amoung my tools could be making noise. I told him I didn't think so because the noise was coming from a spot to high for a tool. I told him I could make the noise at will. I bumped the accellerator repeatedly as he looked for the source.

Ok. I told you that to tell you this. Remember that handy tip I spoke of? Well, Y'all might not want to use wire hangers when you transport a garment in your shiny new truck. Seems the little buggers make an odd whistling noise when they pivot on the coat hook as the garment swings back and forth upon starting and stopping. LOL

I told him I thought I should feel like a dork, but that I didn't because the shirt was way out of my view, no matter how I twisted around to locate the noise while driving. He said it happens all the time. An elderly gal had a clunking noise during starting and stopping. He found a flashlight rolling around under her passenger seat.

So, Techies relax. Mystery solved. I'm a dork. What's new? HAHA

So for this Junior member, I'll be signing off. Good day! ;)
You're too cute!! :p

·
Green With Envy Moderator
2,346 Posts
Did they give you a TSB # for that problem? :D

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Nope. Just raised eyebrows......HAHA :rolleyes:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts