Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was washing my old Ridgeline (541 miles) yesterday. I noticed an item on the cab roof that kind of threw me. At the very rear of the roof, on the driver's side, is what appears to be a removable cap about the size of a nickle. Anyone have any idea what this access is for?

L

·
0 Posts
Spritegeezer said:
I was washing my old Ridgeline (541 miles) yesterday. I noticed an item on the cab roof that kind of threw me. At the very rear of the roof, on the driver's side, is what appears to be a removable cap about the size of a nickle. Anyone have any idea what this access is for?
There is a thread about this somewhere. I'll look and see if I can find for you.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Are you talking about inside the cab? If so, if you have an RTL with sunroof it is the cover for the manual crank for the sunroof, should you ever loose power you can still close the moonroof using a tool in your tool kit that should look like z shaped tool. If not, I am not near one now so I am not sure what else it could be.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
H20MAN said:
Are you talking about inside the cab? If so, if you have an RTL with sunroof it is the cover for the manual crank for the sunroof, should you ever loose power you can still close the moonroof using a tool in your tool kit that should look like z shaped tool. If not, I am not near one now so I am not sure what else it could be.
No, I'm referring to the exterior of the cab. I can't believe I hadn't noticed it before.

L

·
0 Posts
Spritegeezer said:
No, I'm referring to the exterior of the cab. I can't believe I hadn't noticed it before.
I know this was in discussion sometime ago...Maybe Vert,Tex or U-H, Nicholas or any numer of other old timers ( besides me...my part-timers has kicked in ) :D

·
Registered
141 Posts
H20MAN said:
Tool in your tool kit.
1. What tool
2. What toolkit
3. Where is it?

Teach me obi-wan. :confused:

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The toolkit is with the spare in the trunk. The manual crank is the "Z" shaped thingy. Works really well, but I use the manual switch;) .

L

·
0 Posts
Spritegeezer said:
The toolkit is with the spare in the trunk. The manual crank is the "Z" shaped thingy. Works really well, but I use the manual switch;) .
I knew about the tool kit but didn't know about the manual crank for the sunroof. The things you learn on the ROC!! Thanks!!

·
Registered
5,879 Posts
Spritegeezer said:
Access to install auxilliary antenna is my guess. ;)Being 6'6", I can tell you there is one on the other side as well. Had to go check and confirm due to my partzimers.:rolleyes:Anyone remember twin hustlers, and no I am not recalling a threesome.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Spritegeezer said:
Has this been resolved? Although I don't own an RTL, I've close-ups pics of an RTL model and nothing sticks out other than the two roof trim nut covers as shown below.

-SixOpRidge

Attachments

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
SixOpRidge said:
Has this been resolved? Although I don't own an RTL, I've close-ups pics of an RTL model and nothing sticks out other than the two roof trim nut covers as shown below.

-SixOpRidge
No, but I think you just presented the resolution. That panel, I guess must be removable because it houses the radio antenna. :cool:

·
Registered
233 Posts
Actually, the XM antenna is a few inches in front of this trim and if you needed to mess with the XM antenna or antenna module, the headliner needs to removed. :)

I had to remove this trim in order to route my magnetic SIRIUS antenna through the hole where the wiring harness for the upper brake light is located. Talk about a pain! I didn't want to remove the headliner so I opted to go with "hooking" the antenna wire using a...ummm...hanger, then pulling it through the right-rear C-pillar trim. God only knows how much time I wasted trying to snag the freakin' antenna wire. I finally hooked it though. :D

-SixOpRidge

·
Registered
141 Posts
arteegee said:
Anyone remember twin hustlers, and no I am not recalling a threesome.
Oh man, the memories this toggles. I had twin hustlers, three police antennas, and a am/fm antenna on my 74 RoadRunner (7mph city/15 highway). Trucker quote "That RoadRunner has more antennas than a porupine has quills". Miss those good ol days.... ;)

I really want to hear more about this manual sunroof closure. Anybody heard of this? :confused:

L

·
0 Posts
Mr Manxter said:
Allo? :D And where do we think that the factory roof rack attaches?
I wondered about that but he didn't have a roof rack so being the woman I am...let the idea leave my head. :confused:

·
Registered
233 Posts
Mr Manxter said:
Allo? :D And where do we think that the factory roof rack attaches?
Isn't it obvious? Right HERE!! :eek: :D

-SixOpRidge
...just had to do it Ladyridge :p

1 - 20 of 20 Posts