Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

21 - 40 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
4,654 Posts
To post pics,

Post a reply, then scroll down to "Additional Options", attach files, and manage attachments.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Here's my 2007 RTL. Has ARE Topper, Roof Racks, & Yakima Racks on Topper, along with Running Boards on bottom to get to the roof racks.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Mine looks identical to yours, even the same color. Hopefully your installer did a much better job than mine wherein the sales guy didn't think I'd notice the touch-up paint. I've owned my 2006 from day one and now have 116,000 miles on it and an A.R.E. cap along with some new scratches and impressions. Perhaps mine was only the second one they ever installed.

Hi folks,

Purhased my A.R.E camper shell several years ago and couldn't be happier with it. One thing I have noticed is that I appear to be the only one who bought one :). Anybody else have one? If so, please post some pics so I don't feel so lonely. This is damaging to my self-esteem :).

·
Registered
9 Posts
Lotta hate for these but I've yet to find someone who owned one and didn't like it. You could say the same for the truck itself.

·
Premium Member
283 Posts
My A.R.E. keeps my dog secure in her crate, and my climbing and camping gear safely stowed. I ordered the cap from A.R.E with rails to use with my Yakima tower system so I can put bikes on top or attach my Thule roof box for extra storage. Quick and easy to take the bars on and off the cap.

Maybe the LEER design has changed from 2008, but I chose the A.R.E. over LEER because the A.R.E. had screens over the side windows and they also opened a lot wider than the LEER. Just noticed on the preview that my running boards hadn't been installed at the time the photo was taken in '08. My truck was only a month old at the time. Four years later and my cap has not leaked at all.

I like that :) If I could find one cheap enough I'd do it

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
They are a necessary "evil". When I have $75,000.00 to $100,000.00 of medical "stuff" on board and it's raining or snowing or I just plain want it out of sight, I'm mighty glad for my Leer shell. If I didn't have one on my Ridge, I'd have to have a chevy, ford, or dodge with a shell. Personally I'm glad Honda makes a pickup and I gave this ugly thing a try.

·
Registered
102 Posts
any time I see a ridgeline with a cap I think, WHY? get a pilot. fuctional im sure but it looks so added on
You aren't thinking of space. A Ridge with a cap can haul a heck of alot more than a Pilot, I personally love the look of my Ridge and if you don't like it. To each his own

·
Registered
6,394 Posts
Lots of Leer/ARE cap haters here...sheese...:act018:

Seriously, I put a Leer topper (I like the ARE better, but for the price I got my Leer for ($400) I can't complain) on my truck about 6 months ago now, and I have gotten more compliments on my truck in those six months, than I have in the last year or two. So, I guess not everybody thinks they are ugly.

I had a Retrax on my truck for about 6 years and I find the Leer topper is much better. I can open my trunk all the way and I can get more gear in the back whenever I go hunting/camping/whatever.

The only thing I don't like is I can't get anything tall back there. For instance, if I wanted to take my snow blower in for service, I would have to take the topper off or lay it on it's side.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Anyone have any pictures showing how the glass door/black flap seals to the tailgate, especially at the corners? I just had my A.R.E. cap installed today and it doesn't completely seal in the corners. The installer put some extra foam strips in the corners, but it looks like a band-aid job. I imagined a much better seal, but I don't have anything to compare it to. I have some doubts that the install was done correctly.

·
Registered
12 Posts
My A.R.E. keeps my dog secure in her crate, and my climbing and camping gear safely stowed. I ordered the cap from A.R.E with rails to use with my Yakima tower system so I can put bikes on top or attach my Thule roof box for extra storage. Quick and easy to take the bars on and off the cap.

Maybe the LEER design has changed from 2008, but I chose the A.R.E. over LEER because the A.R.E. had screens over the side windows and they also opened a lot wider than the LEER. Just noticed on the preview that my running boards hadn't been installed at the time the photo was taken in '08. My truck was only a month old at the time. Four years later and my cap has not leaked at all.

Cap looks awesome. I have a 2010 and I am currently looking for a cap. Do you know what style/model yours is?

Thanks,
XREDLEG

·
Premium Member
27 Posts
I have a leer camper shell brought new in 2008. I think they are more expensive. To me the leers fiberglass looked thicker. No Leaks,had dc outlet plugs installed and the leer electric lock and light. The windows push out rear to front. Never had the camper off and the insides stays brand new I just use armor all to keep the bed looking new. The window opening is screened and the windows open rear to front about 5 inches anything more than that and a rock could break them. I think.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi,
My name is Alex
I have 8 month old A R E camper shell in siver for Honda ridgeline.
In completely perfect condition.
Jobs is done and I no longer need it,

I would like to sell it.

Let me know 213-880-6897

Thx

21 - 40 of 59 Posts