41 - 59 of 59 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2006 Ridgeline RTS in Steel Blue
7,054 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Hi. I'm new and was considering this as a possibility, but I don't know how much it costs. Also, from what I've been reading, the satisfaction with the product is definitely connected to the quality of the installation. I'm a bit worried on that front since I don't know if there is anyone in my area that would actually install it correctly.

Is there still only one version of the ARE cap for the Ridgeline? What about the Leer? I think I saw that they recommended the V series? There are so many different threads I'm trying to find the right one with good info.

The price would be very helpful-- I have a 2013 RTL if that makes any difference.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Planning to get a camper shell for my new Ridgeline (2010 but new to me!!), but am unsure about the advantages of "the boot". Would anyone recommend or steer me away from that option??

·
Registered
1 Posts
Looking for Camper Shell for a 2010 Ridgeline in the Midwest. Anything available? Ray 314-753-3447 Silver would be NICE!!, but I know I'm asking for a lot.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi know whit is an old post. But I just got an ARE camper shell for my ridgeline. Can you send of post pictures of the mounting hardware that holds the camper to the truck. I don't believe I have the factory setup....

·
Registered
20 Posts
Did anyone send pics of the mounting hardware? I also have a used ARE cap with no hardware. The front is pretty obvious- remove tie down hooks and add longer bolts and spacers, but not sure how the rear is held down. Thanks

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have an ARE Cap on my '08 Ridgeline. Here are some pics of the mounting, as well as the installation manual. I love having a cap on the truck. Since the cap doesn't have a front window, as it seals to the body, I can roll down the back window of the Ridgeline (into the bed) to heat or cool the "doggy den". Hop the pics and manual help.

Best,
AJ

Attachments

·
Registered
20 Posts
Thanks for the pics and the instructions Puxnstx. Helps alot since ARE does not have install info on the website.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Lotta hate for these but I've yet to find someone who owned one and didn't like it. You could say the same for the truck itself.
My 2013 ridge has driven to Denver and been great off-road and on-road. Very comfortable, steady in high winds and reliable. I like mine!

·
Registered
5 Posts
I picked up a 2007 Ridgeline last March, finally found an ARE cap today for a steal. It's white and the Ridge is dark cherry but I don't care, I'll think about painting at some point. Couldn't pass it up for the price and it's in great shape. I like it already.

·
Registered
15 Posts
If you want to paint it, just make sure that prep is done really well. This includes sanding and applying primer.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I picked up a 2007 Ridgeline last March, finally found an ARE cap today for a steal. It's white and the Ridge is dark cherry but I don't care, I'll think about painting at some point. Couldn't pass it up for the price and it's in great shape. I like it already.
When I ordered my ARE cap the shop asked for the fuel cap door. They sent it to ARE for a perfect color match. Maybe if you took your fuel cap door off and took it to a paint store they could provide you with a good match. Mine came out perfect, even with a bit of fading that likely took place over the 10 years before I got the cap. Sounds like you got a steal! Good luck with the color!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Has anyone used a sealant such as clear silicone to better seal the ARE cap to the body of the Ridgeline? I have done this and my cap does not leak...and I have no intention of removing it....so I'm good....
Thanks for any replies.

41 - 59 of 59 Posts