Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey,

I got to use my Ridgeline this morning to pick up my new bike....Ducati 959! Love it.

Also, I spent a good portion of the afternoon installing fender flares on my Ridgeline. Overall, I'm very happy with them. They look much better in person. The instructions are great so no need for a write up. But here are some of my input....

This is not for the faint-hearted...the front bumper needs to be completely removed (see below). There is drilling required into the front bumper. There are a ton of plastics clips so care must be taken when pulling the pieces apart.

To make things easier get a micro rachet with screw driver bits.

Interior trim tool removal kit was very helpful.

It will take 3-4 hours to complete, so have patients.

Attachments

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Here are the fender flare pics...

Let me know if you have any questions regarding the flares, install, etc.

Attachments

·
Registered
183 Posts
Wow! You're fearless! That's quite a project taking that apart and reassembling :surprise: Nice job. If I did that, I think that'd be a good time to install a better sounding horn too:wink:

·
Registered
163 Posts
How far out do the flares project? I had considered them when kitting out the RL, but they looked like they added almost no additional width.

Nice tires. :)

Pete

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
How far out do the flares project?
They do extend a little more than the stock fenders, but it's less than half an inch more.

What tires and what size do you have on that RL?
The tires are BFG KO2's in 265/60/18. There has been absolutely no rubbing. I've put 3000 miles on them and it's been flawless.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Nice Ducati. What kind of ramp did you use to load/unload your bike?

I'm considering purchasing a Ridgeline to haul my KTM 990 Adv (475 lbs) and I'm looking into ramps for loading/ unloading the bike.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I don't know how you turned the 1299 down. I may be adding one soon!
I was originally looking for the 1299, but I picked up a practically new 959 with $10k+ in aftermarket parts (including the full Ducati Performance Arkpovic Evolution Titanium exhaust) for a great price. I'll have my fun and then probably look at the R1 or S1000RR.

Nice Ducati. What kind of ramp did you use to load/unload your bike?
I purchased a 12' long ramp from discountramps.com. It's fine, but you still need an extra hand to load/unload. Honestly, take a look at a motorcycle carrier (pic below). When I moved, I sold my carrier....bad move on my part. :frown:

It sticks right into the hitch, and there's a ramp to help load/unload. The carrier is lower to the ground than the bed of truck, so I was able to push a bike up the ramp without assistance. I've bought/sold 30+ bikes and the motorcycle carrier was great each time. Obviously, it's only made for sport bikes, dirt bikes, etc. It can't be used for a cruiser.

Attachments

·
Banned
1,277 Posts
I was originally looking for the 1299, but I picked up a practically new 959 with $10k+ in aftermarket parts (including the full Ducati Performance Arkpovic Evolution Titanium exhaust) for a great price. I'll have my fun and then probably look at the R1 or S1000RR.
I've got a Crossplane R1. The motor is fantastic. I just sorely miss my RC-51 and want another twin, and another bike in the stable. I've got 15k in parts on the R1 so it isn't going anywhere.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I personally would never attempt using a receiver mounted motorcycle carrier on a Ridgeline with a bike much over 300lbs. I would think it would over whelm the vehicles suspension, causing the rear end to squat and severely affect handling in emergency evasive situations.

I currently have an older Ford F250 and haul my smaller adventure bike (380 lbs) using a receiver mounted carrier from Minnesota to Mexico. My truck handles the weight just fine, but I would never attempt this setup on long trips with any mid size truck. That's why I'm looking into ramps to load the bike in the bed of the truck, if I do decide to replace my F250 with a Ridgeline.

I purchased a 12' long ramp from discountramps.com. It's fine, but you still need an extra hand to load/unload. Honestly, take a look at a motorcycle carrier (pic below). When I moved, I sold my carrier....bad move on my part. :frown:

It sticks right into the hitch, and there's a ramp to help load/unload. The carrier is lower to the ground than the bed of truck, so I was able to push a bike up the ramp without assistance. I've bought/sold 30+ bikes and the motorcycle carrier was great each time. Obviously, it's only made for sport bikes, dirt bikes, etc. It can't be used for a cruiser.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just bought a V4S Panigale. Its my new track bike. I am considering a new 2019 Ridgeline. Do folks generally find the Ridgelines bed is deep enough for most sports bikes?

·
Premium Member
2,820 Posts
Really ? A bike that costs $28,000 ?!! That's nuts! It should drive itself for that much ! Geeze!
No kidding! Check out this Ducati that costs $42,500!! as much as a G2 Black Edition. as @thekiwiguy mentioned, its the Panigale V4 25th Anniversary 916.

Just for the hell of it I customized a Honda Goldwing Tour for almost $41,000.

·
Banned
1,277 Posts
I just bought a V4S Panigale. Its my new track bike. I am considering a new 2019 Ridgeline. Do folks generally find the Ridgelines bed is deep enough for most sports bikes?
With tailgate down, yes, no problems.

Congrats on the bike. I was very close to pulling the trigger on the last 1299 my local Duck stealer had. The V4 Pan is a very very nice bike. Congrats.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Does anyone have the Honda motorcycle bed extender for the Ridgeline? I'm thinking about it for my Multistrada and my CRF250X.

·
Registered
43 Posts
With the bike on the bed... do you think it will clear a 7ft garage height?

This is my current dilemma... I know things will be different with other bikes, but helps me with a starting reference if mine would fit...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
With the bike on the bed... do you think it will clear a 7ft garage height?

This is my current dilemma... I know things will be different with other bikes, but helps me with a starting reference if mine would fit...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Only if your bike is under 48” at is highest point.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts