Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to my local dealer and gave a nice blue Ridge the once over. I saw what looked like a rock ding on the front bumper. Yes, this one has been driven and had dealer plates on it. This was about 1/8" long and thru the paint into the plastic. I know touchup will cover but will will be still noticeable... the a question is would you bid on this unit hoping they will discount more due to it being driven and the tiny blemish ? We all know getting rocks hitting the front grill and bumper is part of driving ..... :confused: or are you anal like me where a new truck must be so imaculate that you want to display her in your living room on a rotating pedestal. :p

·
Registered
578 Posts
I am pretty anal about things.. it's ok (well not really) if I put the dent, it's certainly not ok when someone else does it.

I wuold pass on it. Because if it has a dealer plate on there, that means it was a demo and who knows what's been done to the demo.

·
Premium Member
1,825 Posts
In the end, only you can decide what you are willing to accept but, I'll bet, if the roles were reversed, the dealer would likely bang you hard if you were trading the vehicle in or returning a leased vehicle in the same condition. If you want the truck, lowball them and see how they respond. Walk away if their response doesn't suit you. :)

·
Registered
207 Posts
When I went to purchase my truck, the first one the dealer brought out had a huge gouge in the rear bumper, right where it hooks on to the rear quarter panel. It was probably 6 inches long. Nonetheless, I said what are you gonna do about it (the truck had 12 miles on the odometer)? The customer relations manager (or some title) came out and was like WOW! He would ask the owner what he would do...he came back out and said he would take $50.00 off the price and add in a bottle of touch-up paint (Which I think should be standard anyhow!).

What do you think I did? I asked their rate of service ($100/hour) and basically told him he could not fix that for $50 if they charge $100 per HOUR!!! So, they went and got a nother new truck, just like the one I wanted. Turns out this one had only 5 miles on it and was in much better condition. I responded to their telephone survey (about a week later) that their "delivery" was very POOR, and upon going through their "checklist" in the manual to make sure everything was okay, they did not take their time and I did not appreciate being treated like an idiot. My one-hour-at-the-dealership turned into a three hour HELL after that!

So, there's my opinion. Tell them to get you another truck, or replace the bumper, whichever you want to do.
Cheers,
George

1 - 5 of 5 Posts