Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 152 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Congrats! Were you able to get any discounts off MSRP?

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
Yes.

Long story short; So far this whole buying experience has been far better than any I have ever had in the past. My salesman knows the product very well and he has been a pleasure to deal with. They gave me a respectable trade in value. They did not even try to charge any of the typical fees, tricks, or gimmicks. They did initially start and really close to full MSRP. I'd love to have some hero story about knocking them down 4-5k but it just is not so. However, without too much hassle or stress we signed at $41,270. OTD. For a Silver/Black RTL-E. This has been the first car buying experience I've ever actually enjoyed (and there's been many. The truck is currently setting in Alabama waiting for truck assignment. ETA is 6/8. Salesman believes this is the first G2 under contract. He said many have done deposits but none are final.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Wondering how many have actually been sold and what my number is. Deal went down 6/2/16 at 3pm central.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Yes.

Long story short; So far this whole buying experience has been far better than any I have ever had in the past. My salesman knows the product very well and he has been a pleasure to deal with. They gave me a respectable trade in value. They did not even try to charge any of the typical fees, tricks, or gimmicks. They did initially start and really close to full MSRP. I'd love to have some hero story about knocking them down 4-5k but it just is not so. However, without too much hassle or stress we signed at $41,270. OTD. For a Silver/Black RTL-E. This has been the first car buying experience I've ever actually enjoyed (and there's been many. The truck is currently setting in Alabama waiting for truck assignment. ETA is 6/8. Salesman believes this is the first G2 under contract. He said many have done deposits but none are final.
I could have written this myself. Exactly what I bought. Same story about selling at MSRP. They eventually came down about $600. $40,500 OTD. They gave me the "all the Ridgelines we are getting will be pre-sold" line. Then, after I signed, the salesperson announced that they had their first Ridgeline buyer. LOL. So predictable.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Yes.

Glad to hear you got a nice deal and a pleasant experience! My experience at my Honda dealer wasn't as nice last year when I went to check out the Pilot. Gonna drive 12 miles further away to buy the Ridgeline (hopefully, wife wants the Pilot?).

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
Yes.

Want to tell us which dealership you used?

·
Registered
35 Posts
A week ago I put down a refundable "first refusal" deposit through a dealer I've purchased from in the past. Salesperson was not knowledgeable on the RL2 and said he didn't know what they were getting, but thought it would be a month or two. Called some other local dealers (Atlanta) and a couple gave me expected allocation details, but wanted non-refundable deposits and said it would be MSRP. Remembered a customer of mine sold Hondas so called him. He dealer transferred an RTL-E Silver/Gray from another dealership and said it would be late June. Emailed me today with pricing (attached) and said delivery is June 7-11. He came off MSRP (-$2500) to start with, but a couple junk fees. Overall pretty happy with it as I was planning on paying MSRP. I have a 2004 Pilot to trade and will see how low he is willing to go. No paperwork done yet, will do when it comes in and pick it up. So far so good, but not in hand yet.

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
NEW RL2- It looked like you tried to redact the personal info on that attachment, but it is not redacted. Just FYI.

Q Tech, Understood. Congrats and enjoy your new ride. Maybe another ROC member will contact that dealer and get similar results.

·
Premium Member
797 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Is it being financed through Honda Financial for purchase/lease or were they presented as an option? Might be a good sign if Honda is holding to the 21st or not.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Is it being financed through Honda Financial for purchase/lease or were they presented as an option? Might be a good sign if Honda is holding to the 21st or not.
None of that was offered but then again I did not ask. They did a sure me that there is no truth to holding out until the 21st.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Honda of Jonesboro. Jonesboro Arkansas
Wow! I live in Jonesboro and I've been watching this forum every since the G2 was announced. Last year we bought the 2015 Odyssey Elite for my wife from Honda of Jonesboro and really enjoyed the experience. I've been talking with that same salesman (Trevor) about the Ridgeline (actually just got off the phone with him about 20 minutes ago) and he was telling me that as of today they have now pre-sold two Ridgelines. I plan on going tomorrow to see about locking in a Black edition.

I'm glad to hear they were willing to budge some off the MSRP. I would be fine with paying full MSRP since I expect demand to be high and supply to be low in the beginning, I just don't don't want to find out later that I paid more than everyone else that purchased one of the early production units.

1 - 20 of 152 Posts