Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all

Does anyone know, how many miles equals to say 5% oil life left? I am at 15% now and A13 service due soon message.
But I normally drive on Seafom in oil for about 500 miles before oil change, hence trying to figure out how many miles equals to how many % oil life left.

·
Premium Member
2104 Honda Ridgeline SE
1,804 Posts
Hi all

Does anyone know, how many miles equals to say 5% oil life left? I am at 15% now and A13 service due soon message.
If you are at 15% now, its been 85% since you last oil change. Take number of miles since last oil change and divide it by 85. Now multiply the answer by 15%. This should give you approx miles left before MM reached 0%.

·
Registered
2,311 Posts
My biased opinion is to skip the snake oil treatment and simply drive it until you are ready to change the oil.

What is your current mileage? How many miles since your last oil change?

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If you are at 15% now, its been 85% since you last oil change. Take number of miles since last oil change and divide it by 85. Now multiply the answer by 15%. This should give you approx miles left before MM reached 0%.
Makes sense. 7 000 miles = 85%
X miles = 15%

7000x15/85=1235 miles left till Zero. Roughly in 700 miles from now snake oil goes in.:act035::act035:

Thank you.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts