Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been searching forums for a good 2 hours trying to find the parts list of what I need for my TB change. I've accumulated this knowledge list but I need someone to confirm:

SHOULD CHANGE:
14400-RCA-A01 BELT, TIMING (197YU20 VE-501) (UNITTA)
14520-RCA-A01 TENSIONER, TIMING BELT AUTO
14550-RCA-A01 IDLER, TIMING BELT (KOYO SEIKO)
14260-RCA-A01 PULLEY, FR. TIMING BELT DRIVEN
14270-RCA-A01 PULLEY, RR. TIMING BELT DRIVEN
??????-????-??? WATERPUMP

Got the parts list here: http://www.collegehillshondaparts.c...c-engine/engine-cat/camshaft-timing-belt-scat

Does the pulleys contain ball bearings?

COULD CHANGE )
14510-RCA-A01 ADJUSTER, TIMING BELT
(I talked to 2 dealerships and they both said don't need to do it because these don't go bad. I saw some TB Kits include the adjuster but no where have I read that this is a problematic part)

SAW MEMBERS CHANGE THIS BUT I READ IT DON'T NEED TO CHANGE NOW
??????-???-???? Serpentine Drive Belt
31190-RCA-A02 PULLEY, IDLER
31180-RCA-A02 PULLEY, TENSIONER

I also saw CAM SHAFT SEALS in other members list. But I also read the rule of thumb is don't change them unless they're leaking.

Can anyone confirm?

Honda + Me = :act060:

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
#6 AND #10 technically don't need changing. If this is your first TB service. I am sure they still roll super smooth, so they don't need replacing. IF this is the ridges second change. Replace em. But if funds permit, usually you can find complete kits with everything. I found a aisin kit cheap with everything. (Everything meaning t-belt, idler's, tensioner,cam/crankseals,waterpump,) If you don't use seals, then you have them for next time.

List (Must replace)
Waterpump
timing belt #5
Tensioner #8(a must since its hydraulic)
Plugs
upper intake gasket
Valve cover gaskets(piece of mind part)
coolant

List( Inspect and replace if need be)
Serpentine belt
cam seals/crank seals (These are cheap...for piece of mind you can do em but not necessary unless leaking, but....new ones can start leaking if installed incorrectly)
idler pulley #10
idler pulley #6

That is it.

DO NOT CHANGE!!! These are not a wear item. You don't even have to remove unless you do cam seals.
14260-RCA-A01 PULLEY, FR. TIMING BELT DRIVEN
14270-RCA-A01 PULLEY, RR. TIMING BELT DRIVEN

·
Registered
5,620 Posts
Also, note that there are many kits avaialble, as previous post referenced. I agree the Aisin kits are great. You can find them on Amazon.... just be sure to check the kit contents to be sure you're getting the parts you want. I ended up getting a TB kit and then the serp belt separately, due to kit content. There are many different kit configurations available. Don't waste your money on one with the seals if you don't plan to replace (not needed unless you have a leak).

Good Luck with your DIY ! Be sure to read member thread here for tips & pics on this job.... there are a lot of little things you can do to make it easier on yourself (not the least of which is pre-breaking the always very-tight crankshaft nut & marking the belt/pulleys).

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the quick reply S.T.U.V and DNick!! With your advice I decided to go with the Waterpump Timing Belt, plugs and Hydraulic Tensioner on this TB change. I ordered the components from College Hills Honda. When the ridge hits 200k I'll look at the other components.

Someone's posted a youtube of the TB change hoping I can follow along:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tIGYg051tBw

·
Registered
655 Posts
Do the spark plugs need to be changed at this 100K interval too?

·
Super Moderator
2006 Ridgeline RTS in Steel Blue
7,265 Posts
My understanding is they should, but I know some have gone further and some have replaced sooner and stated improved fuel economy.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts