Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
2007 Honda Ridgeline RTL
675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My 2007 Ridgeline (156,500 miles) still drives like I just drove it off the lot, now 10 years after I bought it new. Can't imagine driving anything else. So why am I just now joining the owners club? Cuz it's about time. The Ridgeline is the only truck I've ever owned. My first vehicle was a VW bug I bought in 1974. Since then it's been pretty much a string of Hondas; I've never owned an American made vehicle. Even my lawn tractor is a Husqvarna. Anyway, glad to be aboard. Except for the sticker price...all pictures taken today.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
2006 Ridgeline RTS in Steel Blue
7,615 Posts
Congrats on your such a great looking G1

Great First post, with Pics no less.

Welcome to the ROC.

Good Luck and Enjoy the Ride!

·
Premium Member
2007 Honda Ridgeline RTL
675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
And it rides like new. The dealer has never touched it, except twice for an oil change. For the heavy lifting, I'm lucky enough to have found a Honda/Acura certified mechanic who moonlights from home who has got quite the facility; he charges 1/2 to 1/3 of the what the dealer charges for labor. I guess the reason I've kept it so long is it's been extremely easy to keep detailed. The engine bay has never be degreased or steam cleaned. At least once a month, I spend maybe 20 minutes brushing and wiping off sand and dirt, also using a leaf blower and vacuum...polishing with Armor All. Decided to do it as an experiment to see if the regimen would make a difference. And it has. About once a year, I tear out the easy stuff, like the battery and battery mount for a more thorough cleaning. Anyway, the next thing I knew 10 years had rolled by.

Attachments

·
Registered
784 Posts
Very nice RL! You take great care of it. I really like the color (I own a 2007 Pilot in Aberdeen Green myself).

I was surprised to read the epa mpg rating on the sticker -- had thought the rating got bumped up after the refresh to 15/21 or 16/21, but had been less than that initially???

·
Registered
979 Posts
Welcome to the ROC from a fellow Jacksonvillian.... I might have met you in a Lowe's parking lot a couple years ago. I recall a very clean engine bay & I have a business card for a certified H/A mechanic with his own facility...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts