Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just joined the forum and I am about to become part of the RL family. I have it down to the RTL and RTL-T. The main difference I see is the infotainment system. Is the infotainment system really worth the extra $2,000.00 or so? I have a RTL-T quote down to $34,200 but am wondering if I should save the money and get the RTL for about $2,000.00 less. Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
5,338 Posts
Just joined the forum and I am about to become part of the RL family. I have it down to the RTL and RTL-T. The main difference I see is the infotainment system. Is the infotainment system really worth the extra $2,000.00 or so? I have a RTL-T quote down to $34,200 but am wondering if I should save the money and get the RTL for about $2,000.00 less. Thanks!
Wow, that is a giant discount, over $4,000 off MSRP. Even Speedlever would be pleased with that discount.

With regard to your question; I like Android Auto and I do prefer the larger screen. The daytime running lights look good.

·
Registered
970 Posts
Agree with the others. I have an E and would not want to be w/o Android Auto (or Carplay if you are an Apple fanboy) and the larger screen. IMHO the smaller screen just looks cheap and out of place. Given that the dash was designed to hold the larger screen, it probably is.

·
Registered
86 Posts
The two thou was rel money to me, thus my purchase today of an AWD RTL.

My iPhone pairs nicely via Bluetooth and with my up to 20 list of phone contacts read into the system, I've got voice-command dialing.

There's a lot of music stored on my phone, and when jacked int the AUX plug in the console is all there for me.

Google Maps is my go-to nav app, and since the phone is paired to the car, turn-by-turn audio comes in loud and clear through the speaker system. The center console has a great place for the iPhone 6s to sit with the map screen nicely visible.

The LED running lights? I can't see them and don't care what others can see.

Blind spot? I learned long ago to aim my right mirror way out to see who's there.

What'll I do with the $2K saved? Maybe buy a pair of nice 11'6" stand-up paddleboards. Or ten years' worth of season passes for skiing up at Winter Park. Who knows.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks. It is down to $34,200 for 2wd. I keep pestering the salesman and I think he will come down to $34,000 just to get rid of me.

·
Registered
86 Posts
I don't believe your quote is right, even if you're talking FWD.

Name the dealer and location. If it's really true a dealer is willing to go that low, there are plenty of buyers who will do a fly-n-drive.

·
Registered
231 Posts
I agree, we bought a RTL-T this weekend and it was not that cheap, and we got a good deal. I suspect low ball pricing that isn't real. I agree with the above comments. Add the 1800...and..

·
Registered
1,727 Posts
I don't believe your quote is right, even if you're talking FWD.

Name the dealer and location. If it's really true a dealer is willing to go that low, there are plenty of buyers who will do a fly-n-drive.
I would. $34k for a RTL AWD will get my business if it isn't too far from home.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I should clarify - $34,200 plus taxes, fees etc. I live in CA, so out the door is going to be about $38,000.

·
Registered
86 Posts
You're gonna need to name the dealer to maintain credibility. For an AWD RTL-T to go for 34,200, the dealer is going down 4,430 under MSRP.

None of us believe that's possible today.

If it's FWD, the dealer is dropping 2,630 under MSRP, and there's been no reporting from anywhere in CA of market softness like that.

Who is it, and where?

·
Registered
457 Posts
Martg44 said in post 7 it is FWD. Maybe because I am in the NE most of the RLs that I have seen sit for more than a few weeks have been FWD and a FWD might be hard to swap so the dealer may be anxious to get it off the lot and get more allocation, $2600 is within the realm of possibility and shouldn't be too far off invoice. If it were me I wouldn't name the dealer or salesperson before I made the deal and certainly not to prove my credibility on a forum.

To the OP original question, when you go from the RTL to the -T you get the LED 'eyebrow' running lights, compass, more USB charging points, NAV, XM/Sirius and HD Radio, Carplay/AA. If you don't want to do an aftermarket radio its a lot of stuff for the $2000.

Are you sure you want FWD? You do limit yourself to towing and fewer traction control modes. Traditionally, 2WD trucks lose more value over time and (assuming you can make the same deal on an AWD), you should keep the $1800 difference or more in future resale value.

Good luck with whatever you decide

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Somehow this thread went from a question about RTL vs. RTL-T to maintaining credibility. Not sure how that happened. Also not sure why I would spend my time getting on here and lying about it. I plan on going to the dealership this weekend. I will post an update on whether the price quoted is a hoax or not.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I bought my RTL-T on Friday and was also between that and an RTL. It just so happened that my local dealer got the exact color combo in the RTL-T that I wanted and after driving, I was impressed at how the NAV screen looked and operated. Like others have mentioned, the dash just looks like it was designed for the NAV so it became an easy choice for me after the test drive. Now going from an RTL-T to an RTL-E was too much of a jump in price for me to justify as a worthy investment for my budget. Either way, I think you'll be happy, but if you are indecisive, I would go with the RTL-T; better to have more options than regret not having them, unless your budget doesn't allow.

·
Registered
166 Posts
My feeling is if you can stretch the extra couple $k, go for it. It's not that much in the scheme of things, and the extras are *really* nice to have... (and there are more than you think)... I went for the RTL-T, and something I didn't expect but I'm really enjoying is the integrated cotton candy machine...

·
Premium Member
359 Posts
I'd recommend getting the RTL-T at that price.

·
Registered
166 Posts
RTL-T. Its worth the extra 2g for the lane departure, car-play feature, auto dimming rear view, the DRL's etc. i dident want the RTL-T at first, i wanted to just get an RTL, but i got an awsome deal for mine so i went for it. Haveing about 755 miles on my RTL-T already, i must say i bealive it is worth every penny.

·
Registered
2,253 Posts
Somehow this thread went from a question about RTL vs. RTL-T to maintaining credibility. Not sure how that happened. Also not sure why I would spend my time getting on here and lying about it. I plan on going to the dealership this weekend. I will post an update on whether the price quoted is a hoax or not.
I don't get that either. I hope you get the truck YOU want. Asking the internet if something is worth the extra money will get all sorts of replies concerning your moral character and your intentions!

·
Registered
5 Posts
I was in the same position as you. The RTL had everything I wanted as far as options go but I did like the added features of the RTL-T. After some serious back and forth I went with the RTL-T and am very happy with that decision. If the RTL-T is in your price range, go for it. You won't be disappointed.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts