Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:( Hi im new here I just got my ridge last 2 weeks ago it was running smooth then but after I hit the road at 65 mph the lights for VSA, ABS just turned on, does anyone had the same problem I had? do I have to take it right away to dealer or it will just go away? need advise....

L

·
0 Posts
Welcome to the ROC family arcon72. We're glad you're here and keep coming back.
It's advise like this that you seek that will get you the best possible answer IMMHOOC :D
If it's happened to a Ridgeline, good or not so good, it happened to someone here and they can help.
Congrats on your new baby.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Yeah, I would definitely take it back to the dealer. You want to make sure everything is right with your new baby.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
arcon72 said:
:( Hi im new here I just got my ridge last 2 weeks ago it was running smooth then but after I hit the road at 65 mph the lights for VSA, ABS just turned on, does anyone had the same problem I had? do I have to take it right away to dealer or it will just go away? need advise....
Definitely if you are getting warning lights any time while driving you should take the vehicle in to be looked at. There is specific text in the book regarding this I believe which tells you to pull over and let the car cool down then go to the dealership to have it looked at. This seems more to be in regards to towing but I think the same would apply to just driving and seeing the lights, bring it in.

·
Green With Envy Moderator
2,346 Posts
Definitely go back to the dealer and have them check it out. Why take any chances.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I finally got my baby back :D after 6 days of assylum in the service dept they found out the problem, they first check the computer box nothing was wrong and they took everything part by part as what the service guy has told me :rolleyes: and found out it was the sensors for all the wheels and now Me and my baby are back on the road I'm hoping nothing will go wrong especiallly thanksgiving I will be travelling to Ohio to visit relatives.

So if that happens to ur baby just ask the srvce guys to check the sensors...Oh I commend the service guy John and the salee rep Arturo for all the help.. wish there were more people like u working for Honda..:cool:

·
Registered
579 Posts
This happened to me. Did the Brake & VTM-4 lights come on as well? That happened to me. I had it checked out at the dealer and also searched this forum. Turned out it was the ABS modulator. They replaced it about 10 days ago and so far so good. The dealer also today me it was fine to drive it with those lights on as it was basically a bad signal coming from the ABS modulator and that was it.

So search the threads here, I know there is one on this. Search:ABS Modulator.

Best of luck.

And welcome to the team.

BTW, does this light go off if you shut the car off? Mine did sometimes, but not other times. It was extremely intermittent.

·
Registered
579 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Mine lights up when I reach a certain speed betwn 50-65 mph, when I turn it off and start its gone, but when I reach that speed it goes on again, servce guy told me it was the sensors on the wheels though, is the ABS modulator a kind of sensor? I didnt have the chance for the serv guy to elaborate more. But now Its running good thou hopefully there will be no more probs.

Hey thanks for the link:cool:

·
Registered
579 Posts
Yep the ABS is a sensor for the anti-lock brake system that all of the other systems like VSA, ABS, VTM4 rely on.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts