Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When the air conditioning is turned on I hear, and feel slightly, a clunk sound when the compressor engages. Anyone else experience this? Is it normal? :confused:

·
Registered
10,043 Posts
Normal. Does it on both the Ridgeline and the Pilot.

L

·
0 Posts
I work in the land of Honda and they ALL do that!! Not to worry Biker!!

·
Registered
138 Posts
Never had a Honda that didn't "clunk" when the AC compressor came on (and I've had a few - see my signature below).

Completely normal for Honda.

·
Registered
40 Posts
took mine into the dealer to check out that same issue. THey "adjusted it" so that it is less noisy. Didn't bother me, I just wanted to make sure everything was OK because it sounded like a dwaf with steeltoe boots was doing a roundhouse on my oilpan when I started it.

Sidenote, took it in for the wind-noise windshield replace. Haven't had a chance to take it to 70mph, so I don't know if it's fixed. It was, however, a greasy, ****ty mess when I got it back and had 1/8th of a tank of fuel spent. Trashy service from Dobbs Honda in Tucson. Will write more after I take it for a test.

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
Tusconridge,

Getting a customer complaint about getting their vehicle back dirty after being in for service is a pretty serious black mark for the service department and the dealership. I am sure that HOA expects their dealers to deliver better service than that. Delivering a clean vehicle back to the customer is such a simple thing. It speaks volumes about their commitment to quality customer service. If they do not care enough about their customers to clean up after themselves, you have to question their quality of work. What other short cuts did they take? If you take your vehicle in to have brake pads replaced, are you sure that your brakes are going to work? If that happens more than once, I would find another dealer. You will be doing the owner of the dealership a favor if you tell him face to face what happened. If he doesn't care or just gives you lip service, there is your problem, not the mechanics.
Glad you got the AC issue resolved - I hope!

·
Registered
40 Posts
Ultra-HOG said:
Tusconridge,

Getting a customer complaint about getting their vehicle back dirty after being in for service is a pretty serious black mark for the service department and the dealership. I am sure that HOA expects their dealers to deliver better service than that. Delivering a clean vehicle back to the customer is such a simple thing. It speaks volumes about their commitment to quality customer service. If they do not care enough about their customers to clean up after themselves, you have to question their quality of work. What other short cuts did they take? If you take your vehicle in to have brake pads replaced, are you sure that your brakes are going to work? If that happens more than once, I would find another dealer. You will be doing the owner of the dealership a favor if you tell him face to face what happened. If he doesn't care or just gives you lip service, there is your problem, not the mechanics.
Glad you got the AC issue resolved - I hope!
Couldn't agree more. I have a defective product that I paid full retail for. The LEAST they can do is keep my truck clean. There was grease on the floormats, fingerprints everywhere, paper floormat and a hairnet on the seat. The SM will hear from me about it on Monday. I'll let you know.

·
Registered
510 Posts
Same thing over here. Seems to me that Honda is notorious for this. My old 15 year old BMW is almost (almost) silent when turning on the AC, as is out 25 year old Benz. The last time I went in for warranty work to have the cubb box under the radio replaced, I got back the truck and drove away, and started hearing creaking noises, I pulled over and inspected the dash and found that the tech hadn't pushed it all the way on, so I pushed it back into place and ended up hearing about 3 or more of the clips go into place meaning he had barely even secured the dash again, upon close inspection I noticed that the dashpanel had oil on it, as if he had taken it out of the truck and layed it face down on a oily tech work bench.

I wiped it off and cleaned everything up and looked around the truck to see if there were any other grease stains and what not but there were none. I really couldn't be bothered to report it since it wasn't permananat damage, had it been permanant damage to the upholstry then I would certainly have turned around and bitched up a firestorm with them about it. When I next visit them however I will inform the advisor that they are to ensure that the truck is returned to me as clean as when they got it. And I'll just say that this truck is kept cleaner then any other vehicles I've ever owned. It's almost always immaculate.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts