Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

After coming off one of the worst winters in Ontario, I went to turn my AC on back in May and noticed that it wasn't blowing cold air.

What's weird is that when I do turn my AC on, I get a strange chemical smell from the vents- most similar to dry wall dust. When I turn off the AC, the smell goes away.

Also, when I turn the thermostat dial to extreme cold (with or without the AC on), their is a strange 3 second "farting" noise from under the passenger dash.

I mechanic friend told me I probably need to charge my AC, but considering that my truck is only 3 years old, wouldn't that I imply I have a leak?

Anyone have any idea what's going on here?

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
A stripped gear in one of the actuators(probably the blend door,and probably why it isnt getting cold) that move things around under the dash can make a "farting" noise. Smells from the a/c system can be mold from not being used in awhile.

Have someone move the knob and have someone get under the dash and try to narrow down where the noise is coming from.

And rodent issues can cause smell to. Very common if living near wooded areas etc. check your cabin filter for evidence.

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
I replaced the Cabin Filter- it was pretty dirty. How do I check the AC drain?
Turn the a/c on full blast/recirculate and leave the truck sitting. Should see water dripping in about 15 minutes from underneath the vehicle kinda behind the front tires to..i think the passenger side. If it doesn't leak water after awhile then it might be clogged.

·
Registered
31 Posts
When my A/C went out, I found the compressor relay (under hood fuse box) was bad. Same thing happened with my wife's Odyssey...same part number. Apparently it's been a problem.

·
Super Moderator
2008 Ridgeline RTS in Billet Silver Metallic
22,592 Posts
Unless Honda moved the drain after 2008, here's where to look for the drain line underneath:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts