Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey gents,

I have 2008 and my AC is taking forever to kick in, somewhere in the range of 5-15 minutes. It eventually blows cold air like nothing was wrong, it is just taking forever. Any ideas?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Make sure that the compressor is cycling. If not then use a jumper wire in the pressure switch connector to make sure it cycles and is working. If it is then I would check the R12 pressures with a manifold gauge set. If that looks good then I would check the blend doors.

·
Registered
4,633 Posts
Make sure that the compressor is cycling. If not then use a jumper wire in the pressure switch connector to make sure it cycles and is working. If it is then I would check the R12 pressures with a manifold gauge set. If that looks good then I would check the blend doors.
I hope you really don't mean R12. The proper refrigerant is R134A.

·
Registered
2007 Nimbus Grey Metallic RTL
10,048 Posts
There is a recall for the wiring harness going to the blower motor. I would take it to your dealership, have them pull the recall notice and perform the work. That sounds suspiciously like a few other instances I've seen on this site related to that harness. It could be potentially dangerous (cause a fire) if left alone, so I would do this quickly.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts