Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody have this happen? Temp control on Lo, might have been on recirc, but the temp shouldn't be this high either way. Guess I'll take it to the dealer. I have the extended care on this 2010. Any thoughts?

·
Administrator
16,103 Posts
I would expect this.

1. Blend doors usually don't seal 100% air-tight; therefore, some air being heated by the heater core will get through.

2. When not in recirculate mode, the air being pulled in is from the cowl area. The cowl is black. It heats up quickly in the sun. This area is also right up there by the hot engine bay.

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
I also believe that the blend doors also stay where you left them when you turn the system off, so you get heated vent air.

I would almost opt to not have climate control if I could. If I use a little heat in the morning then turn it all off (so that air cond doesn't automatically come on later) then the blend doors still give me heat in the afternoon when I don't want it even if the everything is off.

What I do is turn the temp all the way down before turning the system off. I just need to modify how i do things because if i leave the climate control on then when I leave work in the evening the air cond comes on but I don't want that because Id just rather roll the windows down because it inst hot enough for air cond.

I guess its more of a temperate climate thing where I dont need much heating or cooling so a good old manual system would be easier for me in the end, and it would stay off most of the time.

Am I all wet here? its possible that i'm just doing what I do, well, because I'm in a rut but anyone else doing the same?

·
Registered
136 Posts
I had the fuse blow on one of my blend doors. So no matter what temp it was set to it blew hot air. Took it to the dealer and they replaced the blend door, but all it needed was the fuse. If you turn the AC on and it still blows hot, then I suspect the 7.5 amp fuse on the blend door or the door itself is bad. If the AC works, then it is most likely what others are saying above.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts