Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so it’s getting hot out ac was working perfectly. The hottest day so far ac quite figure it’s a 16 year old truck (2006) ridgline rtl let me give it a can. That’s when I notice ac clutch is not engaging check the simple things fuses good swap out the relays all good. Ok disconnect the wires to the ac clutch have 12.5 volts ok so power is going to it. Take a jumper wire to try and hear clutch engage nothing. Bad ac clutch right??? So I try and take the clutch off as it’s raining today and I have another truck I drive and if it sits open as long as a child don’t hide the bolts I’m good 10mm center bolt come out first snap ring no problem pulley slides off now I’m staring at a snap ring I can’t get off it’s tight in there anyone tackle this job has a bone they can throw me? And a good source for the ac clutch the big name stores don’t have it only the whole compressor. Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
You have battery voltage at pin 1 and pin 4 of the compressor relay? And you jumped pin 1 and 2, and the clutch did not turn on?

Field Coil Resistance: 3.9 4.3 at 68 °F (20 °C)

That is measured between the plug and the body of the compressor. I would think it would be close to it with it off the compressor. And most places sell the complete a/c compressor with clutch. And it is usually cheaper that way.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well what I did was put a bolt meter on the wire coming down from the loom to the ac compressor I have 12.5 volts so I figure with electric down to there the compressor should engage. I got the clutch out finally what a pain and when I bench test the clutch I I get an open whole checking for continuity so I figure the magnet is fried it was very rusty. Am I on the right track I haven’t put an ac clutch in in about 18 years.

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
If something was telling battery power to be sent, then yes. It should not have power all the time. So if you had the a/c on, vehicle running and tested it then that should be how it is.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts