Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2009 RL. The AC works pretty well, but it doesn't feel as cold as I remember.

Is refilling the coolant a normal maintenance type of thing? Should I give it a try with one of those $30-40 kits?

·
Premium Member
655 Posts
Could be any number of things, and if you accidentally add excessive coolant you might do even more damage. I don't like to spend money either, but with some things (like a/c systems), I would take it to an a/c shop. They can check pressures, add R134 if necessary, add refrigerant oil, check for leaks, etc.

·
Registered
3,664 Posts
Before anything - have you changed the cabin air filter behind the glove box. When clogged can make the air flow bad.

Get a good set of A/C gauges at Harbor Freight to see if the problem is low freon or a compressor issue.

·
Premium Member
11,315 Posts
That could be the worse $30 or $40 you spend. The ads on TV should caution folks about doing that, not wait until they buy the can and read the instructions (for those who actually read instructions).

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
are we talking about coolant or refrigerant

The difference is significant.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
are we talking about coolant or refrigerant

The difference is significant.
Everyone knows exactly what I am talking about.

There's always gotta be one :act060:

To the other 3 posters, thanks for the replies, I'll take it to the shop like you recommended.

·
Premium Member
655 Posts
My bad. Sorry about that. When I said coolant, I was not referring to radiator coolant. I was referring to the R134. My apologies if it caused any confusion.

The suggestion about checking the cabin filter is so obvious, I'm embarrassed that I didn't think to mention that first.

·
Premium Member
11,315 Posts
My bad. Sorry about that. When I said coolant, I was not referring to radiator coolant. I was referring to the R134. My apologies if it caused any confusion.

The suggestion about checking the cabin filter is so obvious, I'm embarrassed that I didn't think to mention that first.
That's cool.. the context of your post was very clear and carried your intent very well. Or, "we knew what you meant.."

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
Just crossing my T's and dotting my I's.
You never can be too sure now a days.

If you have seen some of my customers cars....

1 - 9 of 9 Posts