Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

Accelerator Pedal Recall

11K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  ladaca 
#1 ·
I was fooling around and put my VIN into this website: Free Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) Decoder & Lookup.
It came up with this recall about the accelerator pedal. Looks like it just started. Since my RL was imported from Canada I don't trust anyone to provide me with recall info I feel it's in my best interest to do this once in a while.
Please see attached. Well I guess I can't attach a Word doc to this message. I'll have to copy and paste. I hope this doesn't get too ugly.

Well that's not too bad. Hope this helps out.

See less See more
#2 ·
This is a part being recalled by an aftermarket parts manufacturer (Dorman). This is not a recall from Honda and does not apply to the accelerator pedal assembly originally installed in the vehicle by Honda. This would only be a concern if you replaced your accelerator pedal assembly with an aftermarket version from Dorman.

#3 ·
Hmm, I'm suspicious. Here's why -- 3rd party parts market is MASSIVE and this would be a crazy nightmare to manage faulty parts.

I'm wondering if what's going on here is that it's not just aftermarket, but an officially-condoned aftermarket parts that are used by repair shops or even the service dept for aftermarket use, increasing liability substantially.

For example, I'm guessing that there's zero chance that a faulty Sprint Booster gets listed on this site.

#6 ·
I did call my Honda dealer an asked about this. They said they'd get back to me as their website had crashed? Haven't heard from them yet and frankly, I don't expect to.
I'll hit them again on Monday just to hear what they have to say.
Being retired, I have lots of time to be a pain the ass to corporations!

Reactions: RLG1fan
#7 ·
Follow up:
Called Dorman and yes it's only for their aftermarket gas pedal.
Honda denies any such recall for their products.

Another mystery solved! ;)

Reactions: RLG1fan
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.