Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday I paid for an install of an Access Bed cover at a local authorized shop. The install took 1 hour longer than it should have, and later in the day I realized that I now can't open the trunk all the way because of the rail that the cover is attached to. The installer cut the metal rail to evidently attempt to accomodate the trunk, but it still doesn't work. I called the manufacturer, they said I should have full access. Anybody have any experience with this?

·
Premium Member
11,315 Posts
Depending on the specific cover, the trunk can only open 60 to 90% before hitting the side rails.

http://www.agricover.com/downloads/pdf/HondaRidgeline.pdf

"Also, this truck is equipped with a trunk-like lid on the bed floor. The lid remains functional, but is restricted from fully opening - avoid forcing the lid beyond its limit."

·
Registered
43 Posts
I agree that the rails restrict the opening of the trunk. I have had the cover for 2 yrs now... you will get used to it. Even though it will not open all the way it's still very functional. The important thing is that you gain a lot of covered storage while still having a secured trunk.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts