Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here are a few pics of the Access cover installed. They say it takes about 2 hours. It took me roughly 3 hours b/c I was going slow and taking my time. All in all it's a nice cover, HOWEVER, it is NOT water tight. THe two wheel guides at the front of the bed are not covered so water can drain into the bed. I shoved some extra weather stripping from the kit in there and that seemed to help. Now I need to seal the corners. I will probably just take some black silicone and seal around the edges to get it as water tight as possible. The whole reason I bought this cover was to keep stuff in the bed and keep it dry. I did get it for a good price off of ebay for around 300 bucks but it does advertise as protecting your bed against wind, rain and snow. Like I said some dabs of black silicone should fix it. I don't plan on taking the railings off anyways so silicone won't bother me. I'll let you know if I get it to work....

Attachments

L

·
0 Posts
Molsonman said:
Here are a few pics of the Access cover installed. They say it takes about 2 hours. It took me roughly 3 hours b/c I was going slow and taking my time. All in all it's a nice cover, HOWEVER, it is NOT water tight. THe two wheel guides at the front of the bed are not covered so water can drain into the bed. I shoved some extra weather stripping from the kit in there and that seemed to help. Now I need to seal the corners. I will probably just take some black silicone and seal around the edges to get it as water tight as possible. The whole reason I bought this cover was to keep stuff in the bed and keep it dry. I did get it for a good price off of ebay for around 300 bucks but it does advertise as protecting your bed against wind, rain and snow. Like I said some dabs of black silicone should fix it. I don't plan on taking the railings off anyways so silicone won't bother me. I'll let you know if I get it to work....
Looks great YOUNGIN'. Thanks for taking and posting the pictures. I am still waiting for the water tight cover. I have too many things I haul around for my new VINYL GRAPHICS ( I travel with a squeegee and do graphics on RL's, cars, trucks, boats, windows, etc. ) :D business that can't get wet.

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
ladyridge said:
Looks great YOUNGIN'. Thanks for taking and posting the pictures. I am still waiting for the water tight cover. I have too many things I haul around for my new VINYL GRAPHICS ( I travel with a squeegee and do graphics on RL's, cars, trucks, boats, windows, etc. ) :D business that can't get wet.
I know it is expensive, but the OEM hard tonneau is relatively dry. After a rainstorm, I would find a small puddle in the far left corner of the bed. If I was concerned about that I may try to find the leak and fix it. Just a thought. Good luck with your Graphics business!! Do you have a website for your business? PS. Can you post a brief instruction on how to paste pictures on a thread? I've never done it and have no idea how to, I guess I'm the only
old f--t out here who doesn't!!!

L

·
0 Posts
Tex's Ridge said:
I know it is expensive, but the OEM hard tonneau is relatively dry. After a rainstorm, I would find a small puddle in the far left corner of the bed. If I was concerned about that I may try to find the leak and fix it. Just a thought. Good luck with your Graphics business!! Do you have a website for your business? PS. Can you post a brief instruction on how to paste pictures on a thread? I've never done it and have no idea how to, I guess I'm the only
old f--t out here who doesn't!!!
Thanks TEX. I'll check into the OEM. I do carry my graphics work once they are masked and ready for application and dry is essential.
Thanks for the well wishes. Its alot of work but worth it.
I am working on the website as we speak. The site is www.cdcgraphics.com. You can go there but there isn't much there to see. The pages aren't linking up correctly and I have to go back and re-do them. So much to do..so little time. Oh well..I just keep smilin'.
As far as the sizing of pics. First of all, don't consider yourself an old f--t. They smell really bad and have no personlaity and I think you're cool. :D
If you want, you can email me what software programs you have and I can help you from there. You can also email me your pics and I will more than happy to do it for you. :)
[email protected]
Thanks TEX!!

·
Premium Member
5,392 Posts
ladyridge said:
I am still waiting for the water tight cover. I have too many things I haul around for my new VINYL GRAPHICS ( I travel with a squeegee and do graphics on RL's, cars, trucks, boats, windows, etc. ) :D business that can't get wet.
It's great to see pictures and a description for another RL product. It looks nice and is certainly cheaper than the other covers that are out. It's good to have options.

We took our new Retrax through the car wash and found it to be nearly water tight. It's not a real test of a deluge rainstorm or melting snow, but only a few drops of water made it through right up by the cab.

L

·
0 Posts
Truckin' said:
It's great to see pictures and a description for another RL product. It looks nice and is certainly cheaper than the other covers that are out. It's good to have options.

We took our new Retrax through the car wash and found it to be nearly water tight. It's not a real test of a deluge rainstorm or melting snow, but only a few drops of water made it through right up by the cab.
Thanks Truckin'.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Molsonman said:
Looks great! Job well done. Does your cover have a lock as well? Didn't see anything similar like the OE version has.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
NJDevil5 said:
Looks great! Job well done. Does your cover have a lock as well? Didn't see anything similar like the OE version has.
It does lock however but doesn't work b/c the RL tailgate doesn't lock. If you had a locking tailgate then it would work. The cover locks but since a "theif" could still open the tailgate they could unlock the cover. Of course you could still get into it by lifting up the velcro on the side but probably wouldn't be able to pull any thing out. The only other option for a theif is to use a knife and just cut the cover....

·
Registered
150 Posts
Roll N Lock is still working on a prototype for my truck, which will lock the tailgate also. Hopefully they will have it ready in the next week or so, and will be retailing them afterwards. If having secure storage is a must, it might be an option for you, ladyridge. I will post pictures as soon as it is ready...

·
Registered
265 Posts
Molsonman said:

Great cover !! Make and Model ????

·
Registered
105 Posts
Would it be possible to take a few photos of the rail system? how the cover attaches to the tail gate? Does the trunk open all the way? I know with a Retrax, you get abot 15 to 18 inches of opening. A good way to bang your head or do some back damage lifting something heavey out of the trunk.

I am looking for something that gives me the best of all things, full access to the trunk and retractable. Water tight would be nice as well.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
emgun said:
Would it be possible to take a few photos of the rail system? how the cover attaches to the tail gate? Does the trunk open all the way? I know with a Retrax, you get abot 15 to 18 inches of opening. A good way to bang your head or do some back damage lifting something heavey out of the trunk.

I am looking for something that gives me the best of all things, full access to the trunk and retractable. Water tight would be nice as well.
Yes I can take a few more pics. To answer a few questions though....It's called the Access Tonneau Cover. It is not water tight yet. You have to take the 3 sides of the composite bed off and drill holes in the two sides for the rails. The Trunk does not open all the way now but I'd say about 85% with the cover on and 90% with the cover rolled up. It's still big enough to put anything large enough in the trunk. To fix the water leaks I"m just gonna put some black silicone around the rails and front of it. More pics to follow

L

·
0 Posts
Garland said:
Roll N Lock is still working on a prototype for my truck, which will lock the tailgate also. Hopefully they will have it ready in the next week or so, and will be retailing them afterwards. If having secure storage is a must, it might be an option for you, ladyridge. I will post pictures as soon as it is ready...
Thanks Garland and welcome to the ROC family. We're glad you're here.

Actually, security isn't a big thing. It would be nice but the tools of my trade ride in the back with the seats up. Water proof is essential.
Keep me posted though, maybe they'll make it water tight.
Thanks again.
:D

·
Registered
579 Posts
Water proof yet?

Hello Everyone:

I'm on the verge of buying a Ridge. I think Red, though I'm not sure I've seen the light blue one yet.

Anyway. The main reason I'm considering buying one is to haul stuff back and forth 4 hours to football games. Stuff like luggage, chairs, blankets, coolers, grills, food, etc. It's essential that this stuff stays dry. I had assumed that the tonneau cover at the dealership was waterproof. I guess not. The one from BAK seemed pretty cool, but is it out yet? If so is it waterproof? Football season starts in about 6 weeks and I'd love to be ready to go by then.

I know this might sound silly, but if I can't find a waterproof cover, I might do something silly like buying a Sequoia or VW Tourareg instead, though I'd be losing lots of room with a Tourareg.

Any thoughts or info are greatly appreciated. I'd love to become one of you, but I've just got to keep the back end dry.

Thanks.

Embo_9

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Embo_9,

Waterproof no, but definitely very water resistent. Not sure why some of the stuff you listed needs to stay dry but I will let you decide that. I don't think you will find any cover for the Ridgeline that will be 100%, you need one of those trucks that have an overlapping cover rather than a cover that sits below the rail tops.

·
Registered
10,043 Posts
Check out the Pilot.

·
Registered
579 Posts
I hear what you're saying Capt., but it the general idea that I'd just like to have whatever is back there stay dry. Like at Christmas if I have the back end loaded with presents, it would be ideal if they were dry.

In reply to the other poster, I don't mind the Pilot, but my wife thinks they are boring looking and more like a mini van. So she's against that. On pure what we need and what we get with the Pilot, it's really what we need. But she won't hear of it.

Embo

·
Registered
10,043 Posts
She's wrong. But that's beside the point. When Mamma ain't happy, ain't nobody happy :)

Good luck.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts