Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here are some pictures. I put it to the test TWICE today. First time was rolling it up all the way and putting a ton of tree-trimmings in the bed (wrapped in a tarp, no less). The second time was taking it through the "Lazer Wash" high-pressure car wash after I dropped off all the cuttings. It was mostly watertight, but it did have a small "river" of water up near the front of the bed. The waterproof trunk stayed that way...waterproof.

I am very pleased with everything thus far. :) Now all I need is a set of rear mudguards to finish it all off...for now. ;)

Cheers,
George

Attachments

·
Registered
20 Posts
Looks good. I also installed the same Access cover and love it. I think I will even love it more when the snow flies and it will still be easy to get in the trunk. :D

I do have to ask, does yours sound like a drum at higher hiway speeds?

L

·
0 Posts
You put your girl to work?? Sure hope you feed her well!!
:p
Nice pictures.

·
Registered
33 Posts
What is a "small river?" Do you think you could have luggage in the bed with that cover installed if it was raining without your stuff getting wet? Keep us informed if you have anymore tests with it.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
1. Sounds like a drum...when you are parked and go hit on the cover, yes, it does sound like a drum. However, I have driven well over 50mph and not heard a thing. So, no sounds when moving, at least not with the S/R open and front windows down.

2. "Small river"... In the rain, I think the bed would stay pretty much waterproof. However, going through one of those high-pressure car washes sitting still for 4-5 minutes while it does nothing but SPRAY WATER is a different story. My installer even added some extra silicone to the front corners and the front "dimples" in the vertical part of the bed where there was no padding for the rail system. I know it is hard to picture, but there is a space where the rail does not touch the bed, and he just filled that with silicone. So, if I was driving in the rain with some luggage or other goodies, I would not worry about them getting wet, unless your top just leaks like crazy. The velcro on the sides hold tight, and only the outer edges get wet, it does not get to the inside portion around the velcro. The main concern is around the corners, where there is not much cover. The lock is also very nice, kind of a quick-release as well as a "lock" to secure it down better.
The water I got was up near the front of the bed, the rear of the bed was almost dry. And whatever water does get to the back, it goes down into the channel that surrounds the trunk, so if you put your stuff on top of the trunk, it would definately stay dry!

Hope this helps!
George

·
Registered
233 Posts
Looks sharp! I too had the Access Roll-Up cover installed a couple of days ago. My RL was the first to have this cover installed at Cape Truck Toppers in Bellevue. It took them about 1 hour and 15 minutes to install. I haven't had a chance to take any pics or clean out the bed, but hopefully this weekend. I picked up a bottle of 303 Aerospace Protectant to shine her up...again, hopefully this weekend.

It does sound like a drum when driving at speeds of 50+ mph and just realized this last night when I had the volume of my radio turned down. I have the TrailSeal Tailgate Gasket but haven't installed it yet. I think it'll reduce the flapping noise...at least I hope. It hasn't rained yet so I don't know about any leaks. My installer said that if I do have any leaks that I could bring my RL back in and he'd apply some silicone in the gaps. Overall, I think this cover looks sharp and I'm very happy with it thus far! :D

-SixOpRidge

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I did get the Trailseal thingy installed as part of the deal. I think that helps A LOT! I will keep you all posted if it ever rains here!

Cheers,
George

1 - 8 of 8 Posts