Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So here's my review on the Access Cover: Looks bitchin installed. Flaps a bit in the winds doing 80mph, but highly functional and looks great after the install. The only thing I didn't like was the crappy machine work and quality control in the mounting hardware. Maybe I got a kit that was made on a Friday and the machine shop didn't have the jigs lined up right!? The tensioners, which are made out of a bake-a-lite type plastic, didn't even fit flush to the sidebars in which they are supposed to slide, making the mounting holes slightly misalign. Also, the header bar holes are just offset enough so that if you don't go to the hassle of widening one hole, you'll strip the factory threads in the front of the truck bed. I like the product, but they could have done better. But for now, it was better than paying the $800 bucks for the Rolltop Cover! I did the electric tailgate lock mod from BasicKoncepts, at the same time and both of the mods came out AWESOME!! Can't wait until ski season!

Rich

L

·
0 Posts
fourasians said:
So here's my review on the Access Cover: Looks bitchin installed. Flaps a bit in the winds doing 80mph, but highly functional and looks great after the install. The only thing I didn't like was the crappy machine work and quality control in the mounting hardware. Maybe I got a kit that was made on a Friday and the machine shop didn't have the jigs lined up right!? The tensioners, which are made out of a bake-a-lite type plastic, didn't even fit flush to the sidebars in which they are supposed to slide, making the mounting holes slightly misalign. Also, the header bar holes are just offset enough so that if you don't go to the hassle of widening one hole, you'll strip the factory threads in the front of the truck bed. I like the product, but they could have done better. But for now, it was better than paying the $800 bucks for the Rolltop Cover! I did the electric tailgate lock mod from BasicKoncepts, at the same time and both of the mods came out AWESOME!! Can't wait until ski season!

Rich
Cool..pictures????

·
Premium Member
1,554 Posts
ladyridge said:
Cool..pictures????

I got a feeling there are going to be alot of Digital Cameras in Christmass stockings or under the tree this year. ;)

Not saying fourasians doesn't have one. :)

·
Registered
774 Posts
PIC's Please

1 - 4 of 4 Posts