Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to know if there is an access hole from the engine compartment into the cabin. A hole with a grommet where I can pass wires through.

thanks in advance........

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
mugen1 said:
I would like to know if there is an access hole from the engine compartment into the cabin. A hole with a grommet where I can pass wires through.
There is but it was near impossible to unwrap the tape off to feed wires thru it's original hole so I just poked a small hole next to it. I then used a solid wire as a feeder to slide it thru to the cabin and taped the wires to the end of it to pull thru. I have a pic of it here in my DRL install (2nd pic down):

http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1224

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, I looked at that grommet and saw how impossible it was to get at it from within the cabin (way up high behind dash). Your method may be the only way.

I am trying to install a PIAA fog lamp that I had on my previous vehicle. It would be really simple to just poke the hole and be done with it.

My alternative is to try and use the existing factory harness and tap into it. I took a quick look at the install manual for the factory fog light kit. It looks like it can be done.

Anyway, thanks for the quick reply --- you're the best!!

·
Registered
10,401 Posts
I had to look at the thread title twice :D

I think I gave you the wire color in another thread. Let me know if you need it.

·
Registered
119 Posts
There is a hole with a gromet and wires going through above the accelerator that would work just fine...pleanty of room for your additional fog light wires.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts