Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well took me 2.5 hrs to install the access roll cover! Had to remove all the inner panels in the box (3) had to bolt and mount the Z brackets supplied (6), drill some pilot holes in the panels then reinstall. Mounted the side rails and the front header rail had to be modified for it to bolt to the exsisting holes. the 1 hole was out on the header a bit so I opened it up for bolt alignment no biggy. Fit and finish on a scale of 10, 10 being perfect (9) I would like to see a little more thought in their design, The velcro sides are on an angle and that makes for a catch all , like snow and ice to freeze between the tarp and the box sides. Time will tell on that.The trunk opens up enough to stay up and that is acceptable for me, all in all Im quite pleased. I would say if you had a certain amount of mechanical knowledge its a no brainer just take your time and read the instructions well before drilling!!

·
Registered
41 Posts
Howdy, I had my Access installed by a dealer. However, a week after I had it installed, I found there were openings at the front of the cover on both sides. These holes allow water into the bed and I assume air which leads to pounding of the cover. I took it back to the dealer and they attempted a fix. The fix did not work. I'll try to plug the holes myself. Anyone have a cure for this? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
151 Posts
I had the holes filled with black silcone caulking. Seems to work. The cover does bounce a bit but I'm still playing with the tension wheels.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts