Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Am negotiating price on a Ridgeline RTL (silver with navi). The dealer is offering me accessories at "cost" - but the dealre's accessory price list shows prices (installes) at more than the Honda MSRP. I know that the Honda MSRP does not include installation - sohow do I verify that the dealer is really offering the accessories at cost? Any and all help will be appreciated.

·
Premium Member
5,392 Posts
Our dealer did this too. We asked for the parts and labor breakdown and they had their service department give us that info. Then they matched the internet parts price and we paid full price on labor. We only had them install the roof rack, running boards and back up camera. Oh, they mounted our electric assist brake unit, but they did not charge us for that. We've installed all the rest of our accessories. Some we got from the dealer, some from HandA or various suppliers.

·
Registered
220 Posts
I have been looking for a few accesories myself. If you search dealers on line and ask them for price quotes on after purchase accesories you can get an idea of other dealers and what they charge. On the link section check out the accesories section for their prices. My dealer told me the same thing- "accesories at cost" but after pushing the deal he included it in the original price. I ended up getting tow package, fog lights, metalic trim interior and different grill for the same price that I was quoted for the truck itself.

·
Registered
5,620 Posts
Truckin' said:
We asked for the parts and labor breakdown and they had their service department give us that info. Then they matched the internet parts price and we paid full price on labor. Some we got from the dealer, some from HandA or various suppliers.
Same exact experience here. Don't hesitate to use internet pricing to push a price match on materials. Good Hunting! :)

·
Premium Member
5,392 Posts
Dnick said:
Same exact experience here. Don't hesitate to use internet pricing to push a price match on materials. Good Hunting! :)
I printed out the accessories pages on all of the things I was interested in and I gave the dealers we talked to the URLs for the sites with the low internet prices. I also printed out and took the new buyer check list. We went over everything on the list before we drove our Ridge off the lot.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
You should be able to negotiate the shop rate as well since it obviously doesn't cost their normal rate. I got a straight 20% off the cost of my accessories with installation, which was pretty good when I bought my truck, at least I thought it was ;).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts