Votes: 3 2.7%
  • Metallic Trim

Votes: 3 2.7%
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Green With Envy Moderator
2,346 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is a thread about which accessories you like the best for your truck. The idea came from Tex (to give credit where credit is due). I messed up in creating a poll and trying to merge the two threads. I hope this is what you had in mind Tex.

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
No problema Zero!:) As I said, the metallic trim is my favorite, because it blends very well with existing metallic grab handle on the doors!:) The most functional are running boards. Being a short fellow, so is my wife (I'm 6'7 and she is 7'2 just kidding), we really climb in using them thar step:D

·
Registered
626 Posts
I like the roof rack because I think it completes the look of the truck -- but I haven't used it yet, so it's more decorative than functional.

The back-up camera is *awesome* -- I can't imagine being without it now!

Got fog lights too, and I like the way they look on the truck, but haven't used them much yet...

So, really, this is two polls -- which accessory do you like most functionally, and which one do you like the most as decoration? :D

·
Registered
3,642 Posts
you left off the MP3 player, fog lights, wheel flares, and chrome bumper trim - I would have voted for the chrome bumper trim.

·
Registered
3,056 Posts
Guess there should have an an "other" option. I voted for running boards, since that's the only option mine has, but I saw a green RL in the showroom when in for service the other day that had the fog lights. They're really nice looking! Would have voted for them if it had been a choice even though I don't have them (or plan to get them).

·
Green With Envy Moderator
2,346 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sorry for the omissions guys. There are only 10 choices allowed so unfortunately some very nice accessories had to be left out.

·
Premium Member
5,392 Posts
Biggest omission and my FAVORITE feature is NAVI. I can't imagine not having it. It allowed for my second most important accessory: the awesome back up camera. That's what I voted for. Those are both functional and well used feathers.

My favorite decorative feature is the roof rack. It's functional, but we haven't used it yet and maybe never will. I'm with Fly, I think the truck needs it. That on top and the running boards frame the truck from the side view.

·
Premium Member
1,554 Posts
I voted for the Trailer hitch/harness because that is really the only accessory I added after purchase my RTL so far.

I like the Running Board/Side Steps but probably wont get the OEM's. Something in chrome/nerf bar.

The Back up Camera is really on my mind and I try to find and read posts regarding it's usefulness.

flymuck & Truckin's comments on the camera is swaying me.

BTW, good poll - interesting

·
Registered
10,043 Posts
I would have checked "Moonroof".

·
Registered
26 Posts
The backup sensors is my favorite. Very useful.

My bluetooth Parrot phone kit is also a very handy (or handless) accessory.

The Moon roof gives me the greatest joy.

The heated sets keep me warm and happy.

But the BEST OF ALL is the truck itself... Really love that thing.

·
Registered
626 Posts
Truckin' said:
Biggest omission and my FAVORITE feature is NAVI. I can't imagine not having it. It allowed for my second most important accessory: the awesome back up camera. That's what I voted for. Those are both functional and well used feathers.

My favorite decorative feature is the roof rack. It's functional, but we haven't used it yet and maybe never will. I'm with Fly, I think the truck needs it. That on top and the running boards frame the truck from the side view.
Ditto, Truckin' -- the NAVI really is the best feature of all, so good in fact that we're trying to figure out how to add an after-market one to the Insight (the real problem with that is *where* to add it -- the car is tiny!!).

Ditto on the aesthetics too -- the combination of roof rack and running boards is where it's at. I totally forgot about the running boards as an "option" cuz I couldn't imagine being without them! :D

JOZ, the back-up camera is incredible. IMHO, it's worth every penny (had mine dealer-installed to boot). It's amazing how much you can see behind you -- both in terms of safety of others, and safety for the truck. Works great at night, too -- the reverse lights make everything visible. It will probably be very handy for when we have to line up to a trailer (we have the tow hitch -- another great option that I now think of as "standard"). The only odd thing is that the camera is mounted off-center, and is a fish-eye lens... that took a little getting used to, plus the idea of looking into a camera instead of over your shoulder to back up (I usually do both -- old habits die hard). But it's truly, truly great, I have no regrets at all about getting it. HTH! :D

·
Premium Member
1,554 Posts
Thanks for your feed back on the Back up Camera. You have convinced me.
Sounds like a must have assessory.

I wonder if anyone has learned what the new version 4.31 Navi DVD has to offer for the rear camera.

The Navi order site states "For RL, Ridgeline Navigation support added for rear camera accessory."

https://iweb.alpine-usa.com/Hondadvdsales/naviorder.php Look under update history.

Thanks Again.

Joe.

·
Registered
64 Posts
It was a toss up for me between the roof rack and the running boards.

·
Registered
141 Posts
I would have picked my "billet door sills" by 5SDude (Ron) but had to choose otherwise since the sills were not on here. :(

1 - 15 of 15 Posts