Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since there are no photo's up yet, I need some input into what the "body side protectors - 8 pieces are), the "Brush Guard Sttyle Front Lower Trim" and the "Fender Flares". Why do I need these, why would I want these.

·
Registered
152 Posts
I think it is more for looks, then serving any function.

·
Green With Envy Moderator
2,346 Posts
What is that piece made out of? Is it metal or plastic? And, is it body colored or a specific color (chrome, brushed aluminum, etc.)?

I agree that it is probably more for just looks. I have seen similar pieces on other trucks and on some it looks good and others it looks not so good.

I will be curious to see what other brush guard/bull bar offerings come about in the near future.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Lots and lots of pretty pretty trinkets available. And no skid plate to protect underneath the engine compartment. Maybe Honda didn't really intend for this vehicle to be driven off-road at all.

·
Registered
6 Posts
A dealer here in Atlanta gave me a 2006 Ridgeline Accessories brochure....It's 25 pages and has great pictures of the accessories installed and brief descriptions of each of them......

·
Registered
762 Posts
delphi7x10 said:
Captain,

Thats a good question, even after looking at the installation instructions for the front lower Trim I still can't fiqure out what it does.
Honda doesn't do brush guards so they are going for the look of a brush guard without the function. I've been told that someone high up in the company once saw where brush guards tend to mangle pedestrians in accidents so they decided that was not something they were going to offer for any of their vehicles.

-Trevor
HandA-Accessories.com

·
Registered
152 Posts
H&A said:
Honda doesn't do brush guards so they are going for the look of a brush guard without the function. I've been told that someone high up in the company once saw where brush guards tend to mangle pedestrians in accidents so they decided that was not something they were going to offer for any of their vehicles.

-Trevor
HandA-Accessories.com
Actually makes sense for safety not to offer a brush guard.

·
Registered
762 Posts
read where they increased the distance between the hood and the engine on the Accord so that in a pedestrian impact the hood would have farther to travel and absorb more of the impact before it came to the engine which wouldn't absorb any of the impact.

-Trevor

·
2,346 Posts
Interesting logic on Honda's pasrt concerning the brush guard. I have seen quite a few folks that have been hit by cars/trucks/semis and I can only imagine the extra damage that extra metal on the front of the car would cause.

·
2,346 Posts
That's a good one (air bag brush guards). :D

·
Registered
200 Posts
zero said:
That's a good one (air bag brush guards). :D
Except it will raise the price, how about pedestrian airbags, let them pay. I actually saw something recently were they now have an airbag for people who ride motorcycles.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts