Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone tell me why you pay premium price for our Rigelines, and have to pay throught the **** for items that other compainies include in the price, or are factory installed accessories. My F150 came wiht fog lights, dimming reaview mirrow ect. Come on Honda, please help your customers out with these items & include them in price of the upper level Rigdeline's :confused:

·
Registered
296 Posts
Yah, OK, but it was an F150!!!! We'd have never bought an F150! :D

·
Registered
3 Posts
That is why I am waiting to purchase a Ridgeline near invoice price. They are overpriced. Nevertheless, those that paid MSRP and MSRP+ are able to drive them now.

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
rogerstruck said:
Can anyone tell me why you pay premium price for our Rigelines, and have to pay throught the **** for items that other compainies include in the price, or are factory installed accessories. My F150 came wiht fog lights, dimming reaview mirrow ect. Come on Honda, please help your customers out with these items & include them in price of the upper level Rigdeline's :confused:
I think you are comparing apples to oranges RogerStruck. Here is a few things Honda "threw in": In bed lockable storage/trunk, bulit-in steel reinforced bed liner, lit cargo bed (using 4 lights), AWD-standard and Air bags & Curtains. Ultimately, one needs to justify the expense with the perceived worth of the automobile...why do people buy BMWs and Mercedes Bs? From my own experience, I paid MSRP for my RL and I don't regret the purchase. If you wait a couple of years, you could find one used somewhere at a "great" price...whatever that means. :cool:

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
conchflats said:
You might wonder why Ford has to throw all of those extras in the purchase to get you to buy it ."F"ix "O"r "R"epair "D"aliy .
Just to add a few more for FORD:

Flips Over, Read Directions
First On Recall Day
Fast Only Rolling Downhill
Found On Road Dead
(Backwards) Driver Returns On Foot
(Backwards) Don't Ride On Firestones

Here's some for HONDA:

Happy Owners Never Drive Angry
Honest, Officer, Nobody Drank Anything
Happy Owners Never Doubt Acquisition
Had One, Never Did Again

·
Green With Envy Moderator
2,346 Posts
Another FORD. . .

Found On Road Deserted.

·
Registered
2,009 Posts
I think honda's thinking is, safety and what you actually need will be standard, but things that you really want, are accessories to be added on. Yes the price is high, i too am waiting for the price to fall a bit and still doing research and let the dealers call back.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
From the response's it appears that you are content to pay throught the nose for needed items like fog lamps, door protectors. They will cost a high price to be fitted as a dealer option, when factory installed options are usually cheaper & less risk of damage to your truck. Yes Honda did design in a lockable truck & bedliner, but you certainly pay for these items when you buy the truck. I own a Ridgeline and I am pleased with the truck, the build quality & good gas milage. I have just had foglamps & door protectors installed & they make the truck look great.
If we install the accessories ourselves, how does that affect the warrenty, and the warrenty for the items you install. I have noticed that the majoritory of posts are regarding installatioin of these items.
Now lets continue to help each other on this site. Any problems with Fords, go & post that crap on the F150 web sites, there are pleanty of sites that will post you an adequate reply.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts