Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

61 - 76 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
926 Posts
Those grills make a nice difference. I plan to do mine soon with the OEM upgrade. I also plan to use plastic gutter screen on the lower air intake openings to keep out small rocks, etc. Not sure how I will mount the screen, maybe Gorilla glue, etc.
Rolling.
I put Pet screen between the grill and condenser on all our cars.
Its pretty tough and does not seem to hinder airflow.
Keeps the bugs and rocks out of the fins.
But the lower openings on the bumper are still open.
I did the OEM upgrade grill.
It really changes the look of the truck.
Picture 003.jpg

·
Registered
81 Posts
Rolling.
I put Pet screen between the grill and condenser on all our cars.
Its pretty tough and does not seem to hinder airflow.
Keeps the bugs and rocks out of the fins.
But the lower openings on the bumper are still open.
I did the OEM upgrade grill.
It really changes the look of the truck.
How do you attach it?

-Kyle

·
Premium Member
11,422 Posts
Great picture! Now I know exactly how mine will look with the new grill!
Good idea on the pet screen.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Here's my 2006 with a Grillcraft MX Series Grill in black. I snapped one of the tabs in the bumper by the headlight so now it sticks out a little.

Attachments

·
Registered
34 Posts
The new grille is in, but the gap between the bumper and the quarter panel is worse now. I am talking about an area near the drivers light where the two corners meet. Any ideas on how to fix?

·
Registered
333 Posts
The additional pictures...
Nice job.
I just ordered one on ebay, nice and shiny one which bolts over the existing grill in about 20 minutes. I had one on my 300C and loved it and got lots of compliments on it.
Jimmy

·
Registered
42 Posts
Just put it on tonight! Real easy, but I wanted to sneak a peek at the metal fittings on the bottom of my radiator, so I ended up breaking a couple of plastic rivets that hold the plastic cover behind the bumper. All done within an hour though.
ImageUploadedByAutoGuide1368834605.576394.jpg
ImageUploadedByAutoGuide1368834616.125765.jpg

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
6,394 Posts
Just put it on tonight! Real easy, but I wanted to sneak a peek at the metal fittings on the bottom of my radiator, so I ended up breaking a couple of plastic rivets that hold the plastic cover behind the bumper. All done within an hour though.
View attachment 77417
View attachment 77425

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
I did the exactly same thing to my truck...and I agree...pretty easy mod. I took me about an hour too but, if I were to do it again, it probably wouldn't take me more than 30 minutes.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Nice write-up OP, thanks! Love how the new grill looks but wonder if they make one with blacked out trim? Anyone have a lead on that?

61 - 76 of 76 Posts