Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My dealer received one RL today, but not my Silver/Gray RTL-E . He did send me an accessory list with pricing. He asked if I want anything installed when it comes in. Prices are a little high and really don't know what I want until I drive it for a while. Maybe splash guards as I've had them on all my Pilots. Can likely find better pricing elsewhere soon.

Any "must haves" when you drive off the lot? All weather mats, door edge guards, splash guards?

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ridgeline RTL-E, Northeast U.S.
2,899 Posts
I don't know whether these prices might be installed prices, but they are very high. If you're handy and like to install things yourself, you can save a lot of money by buying at one of the Honda parts places and taking delivery through the mail, usually by UPS. I found that bigger things like the 60 pound, 5'10" tonneau cover cost between $130 and $140 to ship. But on the other hand, the place that ships $140 has a price of $634.94. You'd still be saving hundreds over the dealer price. Some of these places may even let you pick them up yourself if you're nearby.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'll definitely check out the Weathertech mats when they come out. Thanks

I was thinking convenience on the splash guards but I've installed them before as well as a bunch of lock actuators on my pilots among other stuff The Tonneau cover is a possibility and will definitely price that out before spending $650+. Thanks for the input.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Can confirm - I went to test drive my last night and today - got the same sheet and prices.

·
Super Moderator
2,899 Posts
Can confirm - I went to test drive my last night and today - got the same sheet and prices.
Do you know whether these are Parts Window prices or Installed prices

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
My understanding is installed which would make better sense. I'll confirm and reply tomorrow.

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
Prices are much higher than what others have listed on separate threads. Like 30%-40% higher.

·
Super Moderator
2,899 Posts
Here are pictures of the factory tonneau cover. It does not lock!!!
It fastens from the inside very securely. The tailgate has to lock. If it does, say with a future PopLock product, the tonneau will be locked.

·
Premium Member
237 Posts
I have heard that the G2s dealer tonneau is the Solid Fold 2. If that is true, and the tailgate doesn't lock, wouldn't it take a theif about 30 seconds to steal your $800-$1000 tonneau?

·
Super Moderator
2,899 Posts
I have heard that the G2s dealer tonneau is the Solid Fold 2. If that is true, and the tailgate doesn't lock, wouldn't it take a theif about 30 seconds to steal your $800-$1000 tonneau?
Two thieves could do it in under three minutes. So if you're worried about theft of the tonneau cover (it weighs about 60 pounds), then, yes, putting one on without a tailgate lock would put it at risk. With a tailgate lock that tonneau would be as secure as that lock.

To get a sense of how this tonneau works, check out this diagram:

2017 Ridgeline Sport (2WD) AT | Tonneau Hard Cover

1 - 13 of 13 Posts