Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'd like to introduce myself. I've lurked on this forum from time to time for years, but now that I am seriously considering purchasing a Gen2 I thought it was time to join.
I've learned so much from all the great members here and hope I can give back a little with my first contribution.

I have more than a few photos, so I'll break this up over multiple posts.

I attended one of the auto shows, but have been so busy with life and work that I'm just now posting.
Circumstances were such that I had a few minutes up close to the Black Edition Gen2. The doors and trunk were locked, of course, and I couldn't do anything as brazen as run a tape measure across the outside, but as we all know the tailgate doesn't lock, so...in the following posts will be actual bed measurements taken quickly.

Please note the tape measure I used has a 2 inch wide case, so 2 inches must be added to the measurements in some pics.

The bed has a trim piece that runs along the perimeter that forms a slight ledge, or lip, where the bed sides meet the floor. My measurements were taken inside this lip at actual bed floor level so I could lay the tape on the bed, freeing my hands to take pics. To get maximum bed width you need to figure in between 3/4 and 1 inch extra on each side.

The bed also has an offset, or indentation, at the cab end that yields an inch or more of extra length. I couldn't reach that far in to measure that offset depth.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Bed length: 63.25 plus the width of the lip at the cab end.
Plus the depth of the offset if you want the max.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Bed width: 56" on the tape plus the 2" width of the tape measure case, plus an inch or more for the trim lip on each side. Let's call the total width 60".

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Length of bed space with tailgate down :
About 18.5" for the gate itself, plus a 1.5 inch gap between the bottom of the gate and the bed means total depth with gate down is about 83.25" not counting the trim lip and the offset at the cab end.

·
Super Moderator
2006 Ridgeline RTS in Steel Blue
7,262 Posts
Nice Freakin Job.....

Reactions: Border411

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I have to work now, so if there are any questions I'll try to reply later today or tonight.

Here are some interior shots taken (poorly) through the window.

However, I suspect one reason the truck was locked might be there could be last minute minor changes prior to production, but what do I know?

Also, it doesn't show up well in the photos I took but there were definitely defroster wires in the movable rear window section.

·
Registered
567 Posts
17" bed depth is great

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
I did a measurement on my 2015 RAM 1500 and came up with 20.5" (official spec is 20.2") so close to 17" is not bad at all. It'll also be a consistent height with a tonneau cover in place.

Looking at the pics, it appears a rail/lip system will be needed for a clamp down style tonneau (similar to the Gen I rails needed). Living in Western NY, a tonneau of some sort is NOT optional.

·
Registered
415 Posts
I did a measurement on my 2015 RAM 1500 and came up with 20.5" (official spec is 20.2") so close to 17" is not bad at all. It'll also be a consistent height with a tonneau cover in place.

Looking at the pics, it appears a rail/lip system will be needed for a clamp down style tonneau (similar to the Gen I rails needed). Living in Western NY, a tonneau of some sort is NOT optional.
The photos of the Ridgeline with the factor tonneau cover looks really sweet. One of the few OEM ones that I have liked.

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
The photos of the Ridgeline with the factor tonneau cover looks really sweet. One of the few OEM ones that I have liked.
It does look good. Traditional tri-fold and overlapping the sides of the bed like a traditional pick up tonneau eliminates the potential leakage you could get with the rail systems on the Gen I. The rails were 'inside' the bed and while the look was great, you also lost some usable height.

·
Super Moderator
5,333 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
I'm concerned about the back seat room. While I'm not expecting F150 room, I hope it's bigger than the average midsize truck. My kids will be teenagers while I own it and I want them to have some room, as well as adults who occasionally will ride in the back.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I am wondering if the back seat will have ample room for boys who will be teenagers in a few years, or adults that will occasionally ride in the back. While I'm not expecting F150 room, I hope it's more than a typical mid-size truck.

·
Super Moderator
2006 Ridgeline RTS in Steel Blue
7,262 Posts
i like the additional compartment on the right side of the box....any ideas if it's lockable or it's dimensions?
I believe that is the inverter outlet, and as far as I can tell it's not lockable

1 - 20 of 48 Posts