Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1321 - 1340 of 1584 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
My local dealer in VA has several 2019 RTL-E advertised for $39,305. I told them I might wait on the 2020 unless they had deals on the 19s, and they immediately dropped 3500 off. $35,805, plus tax/title and $500 processing fee. $38,000 OTD. Seems like a good price, no?
Wow, that's gotta be the lowest price I've seen. No trade-in involved?

·
Registered
271 Posts
My local dealer in VA has several 2019 RTL-E advertised for $39,305. I told them I might wait on the 2020 unless they had deals on the 19s, and they immediately dropped 3500 off. $35,805, plus tax/title and $500 processing fee. $38,000 OTD. Seems like a good price, no?
$36,300 after dealer fee is $700 under cost, assuming dealer cash is still at $1,500. That is an amazing deal. I'd be surprised if that doesn't change when you start paperwork (like, oh, we already did $1,000 rustproofing that we need to add), or maybe they are just betting on making money on you with accessories, warranties, and financing.

·
Registered
38 Posts
$36,300 after dealer fee is $700 under cost, assuming dealer cash is still at $1,500. That is an amazing deal. I'd be surprised if that doesn't change when you start paperwork (like, oh, we already did $1,000 rustproofing that we need to add), or maybe they are just betting on making money on you with accessories, warranties, and financing.
Here's the invoice they emailed me. Pretty sure this is legit. We're in a small town, and they're the biggest Honda dealer in a couple hundred mile radius. I still haven't decided if I'm getting it, but was pleasantly surprised they would discount the '19 to this extent. Sure makes it hard to resist.
Screen Shot 2019-08-23 at 8.56.54 PM.png

·
Registered
282 Posts
Here's the invoice they emailed me. Pretty sure this is legit. We're in a small town, and they're the biggest Honda dealer in a couple hundred mile radius. I still haven't decided if I'm getting it, but was pleasantly surprised they would discount the '19 to this extent. Sure makes it hard to resist. View attachment 395702
Walk in there with a check made out to that amount and tell them they have a deal if you are serious about buying it. If they try to do any add ons just get up and walk towards the door, you will not make the door.

·
Registered
271 Posts
I have my doubts that you are right @robertyb - that wouldn't give them any opportunity to make up the negative starting point. Plus, unless you have $38,000 of liquid cash laying around, your bank/cu won't cut you a loan proceeds check without a signed contract.

@blz2dwl I think you should do it, it is a good deal and we want to see how it shakes out :)

·
Registered
10 Posts
I purchased a new RTL-E today. $36,168 + $150 dealer fee + TTL. We did hit a bump because the one we were told was available yesterday was actually sold, so they located exactly what we wanted at another dealer. The dealer they're getting our Ridgeline from adds tint, wheel locks, and paint/interior protection. I was firm but polite and told them I wasn't going to pay for the dealer adds because I don't do business with dealerships that add accessories or have excessive dealer fees and they ate the cost. I did pay $92 for the tailgate lock and they are going to install it for free.

I had a bump in the road, but they worked hard to make it right. They appreciated me not blowing up and being understanding. I'm a firm believer that stuff happens and what's important is how they resolve it. They have done well so far. Fingers crossed that all goes well later this week when we take delivery.

I'm very pleased with the deal.

·
Registered
282 Posts
I have my doubts that you are right @robertyb - that wouldn't give them any opportunity to make up the negative starting point. Plus, unless you have $38,000 of liquid cash laying around, your bank/cu won't cut you a loan proceeds check without a signed contract.

@blz2dwl I think you should do it, it is a good deal and we want to see how it shakes out :)
I do it every time I buy a new vehicle. My 2018 Sport AWD cost me $34,000 even out the door including tax and title. I made the offer and never backed down and got up 3 times to leave before it was accepted. I do pay cash but it is easy enough to have your financing in place before you buy. I tell them to hold my check for a few days while funds are being transferred usually. Never had any problems doing so.

·
Registered
306 Posts
$36,980 + tax & lic. Back in the first week of June, 2019 RTL-E

·
Registered
9 Posts
I was offered a 2019 RTLT AWD for 37,400. That includes tax, tags and doc fee (NJ) We were waiting for the 2020 but not sure we want the 9 speed transmission. Is this a good price?

·
Registered
271 Posts
I was offered a 2019 RTLT AWD for 37,400. That includes tax, tags and doc fee (NJ) We were waiting for the 2020 but not sure we want the 9 speed transmission. Is this a good price?
No one knows what NJ tax or tags cost. About $34,000 for an rtl-t AWD including any dealer/doc fees, plus tax/tags is about the best you can do.

1321 - 1340 of 1584 Posts