Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just throwing an idea out...do you think there would be a market for an Acura brother for the RL? Something like 35-40K with better options added and upgraded materials, etc. Not that I have heard rumors or anything ;)

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
the kid said:
Just throwing an idea out...do you think there would be a market for an Acura brother for the RL? Something like 35-40K with better options added and upgraded materials, etc. Not that I have heard rumors or anything ;)

I already paid 35k. I'd be pissed if they made an Acura RidgeLine mostly because I'd have to buy one :)

·
Registered
264 Posts
Vrtrkr have you considered getting medication for this problem? I know it has really helped me ...along with afew bottles of ice house.

·
Registered
153 Posts
I think Honda needs to get the Ridgeline off the ground. I know that April sales had to be disappointment. It's hard to figure but the dealers need to learn about trucks, the price cutting of the big three as well as Toyota and Nessian all are factors in sales.

I think the sticker shock is another problem. I realy like my Ridgeline and it's worth every penny that I paid for it. It rides great, is quiet, has more space than you can belive and the milage is not bad.

I'm sure when it's all said and done that Honda will have a hit on their hands and who knows what may happen. A Acura truck could be just around the corner but I dought it.

Tiger

·
Registered
406 Posts
I am already worried I'll have to buy another one depending on the changes they make for a 2007 model, let alone an Acura version.

·
Registered
349 Posts
TIGER? Did you not see the lateset report? On CNN reporting, Honda has reported the most APRIL Sales in HISTORY.............. They have sold YTD 8300 ridgelines. There is a thread in here somewhere about Honda's sales. Big three are n trouble :)

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
On a serious note though...we hear a lot of rumors at the plant and the latest one is that we will be starting test lots of a new Acura "vehicle" in January. We are the self claimed start-up plant, rightfully so since we have started the Ody, Mdx, Pilot, and now the RL all in the last 8 or so years. I know the Rdx is due to start next year but I think they are building them in Ohio ;) Somehow I knew this thread would get a lot of attn :D

·
Registered
153 Posts
Crime Unit: I was referiing to April sales of the Rigeline which were a total of 3365 after 4008 sales in March. There were a few sales in February. I'm glad to see the sales of other Honda models doing well. I'm sure the Ridgeline will do will in due time.

Tiger

·
Premium Member
7,334 Posts
the kid said:
On a serious note though...we hear a lot of rumors at the plant and the latest one is that we will be starting test lots of a new Acura "vehicle" in January. We are the self claimed start-up plant, rightfully so since we have started the Ody, Mdx, Pilot, and now the RL all in the last 8 or so years. I know the Rdx is due to start next year but I think they are building them in Ohio ;) Somehow I knew this thread would get a lot of attn :D
Guess you work at Alliston. I think the new Acura vehicle is the 2007 MDX. It will be a 2007 introduced in April 2006 from what I've been told. The 2006 MDX will be a short run model year... carry over for the most part.

The 2007 MDX will be based off the new Odyssey platform.

The Pilot will complete the redesign as a 2007 introduced in September 2006.

All this is what I've been told anyway.

·
Registered
167 Posts
You know, I guess it's good to see that Honda is being "forward" thinking in naming the Ridgeline an '06. It makes their name stand out. Do you think the '07 will come out in the spring of '06? Might as well be ahead of the crowd rather than trailing it like microsoft.

·
Green With Envy Moderator
2,346 Posts
I don't really see the need for an Acura version. They could just make an upper level trim option that includes some of the more expensive accessories and call it a day.

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
the kid said:

It might be an interesting concept. They would have to be pretty aggressive with their pricing to make sure they can get into the market. I know up here in Oregon I don't see to many Escalade SUTs driving around. Maybe Acura should focus on getting that RDX out of the door and let Honda work out a few of the bugs in the RL before biting on the truck market.

On the other hand if they wanted to get going on a Hybrid RL (lets call it project "Mountain Top EXtreme") I think that may spark some industry interest. Especially as domestic gas prices continue to rise.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Acura is building a new smaller SUV that will be out next year. My guess is that the Acura truck will then come soon after that.

·
Registered
79 Posts
I agree they're probably have plans for a Acura truck, given Lincoln just came out with one (and Cadilac has one or will have one).

I agree with Mayfielh about a Hybrid RL - I'd buy one and happily pay a premium. Regenerative braking would take much of the sting out of braking (after sucking up all that damn gas to get going!).

·
Registered
50 Posts
nwdiver said:
Might as well be ahead of the crowd rather than trailing it like microsoft.
That's probably why they named their last home/office OS "XP" instead of their usual "year" naming scheme. In order to stay ahead of the crowd with a forward-thinking name, while making up for their lack of new releases, they would have had to call it "Windows 2008".

Long live Linux! :D

uh...and Honda / Acura! :p

·
Green With Envy Moderator
2,346 Posts
I also would buy a hybrid version of the Ridgeline if one became available in the future. I rode in a friend's new Prius the other day. He said that he calculated 59 mpg with his first fill-up (mostly highway driving, though).

·
Registered
10,401 Posts
Cadillac has a pickup, the Escalade SUT.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts