Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yep, you guessed it. I found out that the lug pattern for the 05 Acura RL is the same as the Ridgeline. The Acura wheel is 1" wider that the Ridgline Factory wheel, but the Ridgeline tires still fit on it. The center caps that have an "A" for Acura can be popped out an the "H" emblems fit right it! I talked to a guy that had done it and his Ridge looked SWEET!

·
Registered
123 Posts
hondaguy22 said:
Yep, you guessed it. I found out that the lug pattern for the 05 Acura RL is the same as the Ridgeline. The Acura wheel is 1" wider that the Ridgline Factory wheel, but the Ridgeline tires still fit on it. The center caps that have an "A" for Acura can be popped out an the "H" emblems fit right it! I talked to a guy that had done it and his Ridge looked SWEET!
Pictures, Please

Tom

·
Registered
125 Posts
yeah i'm looking for some ideas for summer wheels, that way I can throw some winter tires on the stock rims for next winter

·
Green With Envy Moderator
2,346 Posts
Can't resist.

Attachments

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Wow... ok guys, I'll get you pics. But it just snowed here in Chicago, give me a couple of days to get the Ridge cleaned up... she's a sloppy pig right now!

·
Registered
2,334 Posts
What about the offset? Is it the same? Even if the bolt pattern is that same the wheel might not be truly compatible.

·
Registered
190 Posts
hofffam said:
What about the offset? Is it the same? Even if the bolt pattern is that same the wheel might not be truly compatible.
Good point. Might have better luck with MDX rims

·
Registered
6 Posts
The Acura RL wheels fit perfect Honda RL, the offset is a match. I've had it on my Ridge for 2 weeks now at all speeds, and they are fine. I had nothing but compliments since the switch.

·
Registered
2,025 Posts
ovi-one said:
The Acura RL wheels fit perfect Honda RL, the offset is a match. I've had it on my Ridge for 2 weeks now at all speeds, and they are fine. I had nothing but compliments since the switch.
Sounds great...can you post pics?

·
Registered
6 Posts
That is a good picture of the wheel. The Acura wheel is half inch wider than the RL, but fits fine. Offset is the same. I will try to get a picture of it on the RL to show.

I will have an extra set of new take-offs available with sensors attached, for those may be interested, but only for pick-up in the local Chicagoland area.

You can e-mail me if interested.

Thanks,
Joe

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hondaguy22 is correct the Acura wheel is 1 inch wider, not half, as I had stated. The fit and offset are the same, and does not affect the profile or handling for me at all.

·
Registered
288 Posts
What about an '05 TL's rims... Would you be able to use these on our Michelins...

I believe the TL's rim measures 17 x 8 , 35-40mm , 5 x 114.3
The Ridge's measures 17 x 7.5 J , 45mm , 5 x 120

Help....

·
Registered
5,879 Posts
minihummer said:
What about an '05 TL's rims... Would you be able to use these on our Michelins...

I believe the TL's rim measures 17 x 8 , 35-40mm , 5 x 114.3
The Ridge's measures 17 x 7.5 J , 45mm , 5 x 120

Help....
Wrong bolt circle.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Shi-sta... Holy Crap... Poops...
Thought I was going to get away with using my brother's wheels...:)

Is the bolt pattern on the '05 TL that I stated correct ?

·
Registered
5,879 Posts
minihummer said:
Shi-sta... Holy Crap... Poops...
Thought I was going to get away with using my brother's wheels...:)

Is the bolt pattern on the '05 TL that I stated correct ?
Looks like 5x115mm, but I think that is rounded up from 114.3.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts