Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, i just bought a Sport 2021 Ridgeline. Is it possible to add a HPD package now? Does anyone know where i should go to get it done? Or is it possible to get it done?

·
Administrator
18,528 Posts
Yes - you can order the parts from any Honda dealer (in person or online).

HPD decal package 08F30-T6Z-100 $355
Bronze wheels 08W18-T6Z-100B $450 (each)
HPD emblem 08F20-T6Z-100B $75
Grille 08F21-T6Z-100A $299
Fender flares 08P21-T6Z-100A $650

TOTAL list is $3,179 plus installation compared to $2,800 list when installed before delivery to the dealer. It's best to leave the decal installation to a dealer or body shop and, of course, you probably don't have a tire changing machine at home. :) I'd guess you're probably looking at another $750-$1,000 in installation labor.

If you bought the parts online and installed the grille and fender flares yourself, you might get out for less than $3,000.

Do you really like the HPD Package enough to spend the money for something that adds absolutely no improvement in performance?

·
Registered
2021 Sport AWD
51 Posts
As zroger73 said, it is expensive. If it were me, I would buy everything and do it myself to save labor costs. I have the HPD package and watched them replace one of my flares due to a defect I found and they are fairly simple to replace. The dealership was nice enough to give me the rest of the kit so I have a lot of spare parts lol. All of it is simple to do other than mounting the tires which you could get done fairly cheap.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I just realize that mine doesnt look tuff enough vs the HPD version. I definitely dont like the gold wheels...I really like the grill. Love the decals but you cannot put it on without the flares.

·
Premium Member
2019 RTL awd, MSM
4,907 Posts
I find it funny that people who don't like those wheels call them "gold", whereas people who do like them call them by their true color, "bronze".

I think bronze is supposed to be one of the latest trends in accessorizing vehicles, love it or hate it.

·
Registered
2021 Sport AWD
51 Posts
I just realize that mine doesnt look tuff enough vs the HPD version. I definitely dont like the gold wheels...I really like the grill. Love the decals but you cannot put it on without the flares.
Set your truck up the way you want. There are quite a few that don't care for the HPD package but there are also plenty that like it. I prefer the HPD package over the standard styling as it adds a unique look and helps to set it apart from looking like a Passport/Pilot with a truck bed. This is mine.

·
Administrator
18,528 Posts
I guess I'm not a fan of the HPD Package because it's "lipstick on a pig" to me. Or, is that "pig on a lipstick"? :)

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
I can't even see any bacon in that piggy.:(

·
Administrator
18,528 Posts
The HPD grill looks like it will let big flying debris thru to the radiator, no?
Not necessarily. Nearly two-thirds of it is blocked off and the section that is open has braces that will keep a plastic grocery bag from contacting the radiator, at least. ;)

·
Registered
2019 RTL
723 Posts
Set your truck up the way you want. There are quite a few that don't care for the HPD package but there are also plenty that like it. I prefer the HPD package over the standard styling as it adds a unique look and helps to set it apart from looking like a Passport/Pilot with a truck bed. This is mine.
You definitely picked the right color. However, I think the reason black looks best with the HPD package is because the decal and flares are less obvious. Not sure it really sets it apart from looking like a Pilot with a bed though; now it just looks like a Pilot with a bed, plastic flares and a decal stuck on it :).

If looking tough is important, the Ridgeline really isn't that truck. Sure you can add plastic flares and a sticker, but I don't really think it will fundamentally change the look. However, it's your money and if you think it looks good, that's all that matters!

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
Is the lower grill the main source of airflow?

·
Registered
8 Posts
I went back and forth with the decision as well. I ended up opting for it, as I do like what it adds to the look. To each his own, but seeing it before and after (the dealer installed it), I'm happy with the results. Having said that, the wheels (bronze or gold, whatever you want to call them) are back ordered. I've been given several dates of delivery, but they keep getting pushed back. I pressed the dealer to offer me a refund, if they don't come in soon, and they did (~$2K).

I'm shopping wheels now to find a suitable replacement with the look I want.

·
Registered
488 Posts
My problem with the HPD package is that the fender flares are VERY poorly executed when you look at them up close.
They look like generic accessories you buy and stick on from Autozone or JC Whitney.

The first pic shows how the front fender flares transition from one body panel to another.
Very sloppy, misaligned, and what is with the raised 'nubs'?

The second picture shows that the rear fender flare isn't one continuous piece.
It has a big, separate, detached chunk behind the rear wheel. What is the purpose of this?
Other than looking sloppy and catching road debris (dirt, grit, salt, ect).

·
Registered
2021 Sport AWD
51 Posts
My problem with the HPD package is that the fender flares are VERY poorly executed when you look at them up close.
They look like generic accessories you buy and stick on from Autozone or JC Whitney.

The first pic shows how the front fender flares transition from one body panel to another.
Very sloppy, misaligned, and what is with the raised 'nubs'?

The second picture shows that the rear fender flare isn't one continuous piece.
It has a big, separate, detached chunk behind the rear wheel. What is the purpose of this?
Other than looking sloppy and catching road debris (dirt, grit, salt, ect).

View attachment 412917

View attachment 412918
I agree, execution could have been better, but I feel the quality is decent and they are not permanent. This is especially true when I compare them to the flares I had on my 2019 Tacoma. Those flares were junk and had to be replaced four times on my Tacoma. You would think I would have learned my lesson with fender flares, but I still went for the Ridgeline flares. No alignment issues with mine. If I ever get tired of them I will convert to the regular wheel well trim and fill the holes on the front bumper and have those areas vinyl wrapped. I have not had issues with them catching dirt or debris but I wash my vehicle regularly and don't live in an area where they salt roads. How well they age will determine how long I keep them on, but I see no signs of failure or issues with them at this point. I am enjoying the look of them so far.

·
Registered
104 Posts
I had dealership add HPD graphic, HPD tailgate emblem & HPD front grill to my 2021 Ridgeline BE . So $527 for my HPD package 🤪
I didn’t like Bronze rims and Big fender flares.

·
Registered
488 Posts
I had dealership add HPD graphic, HPD tailgate emblem & HPD front grill to my 2021 Ridgeline BE . So $527 for my HPD package 🤪
I didn’t like Bronze rims and Big fender flares.
I'm curious about all of the badging you added...
"BLACK EDITION" on the tailgate, "BLACK EDITION" front license plate frame, "HPD" on tailgate, "HPD" stickers on fender.

Is this because you like the look of lots of extra badging? You really like the "BLACK EDITION" and "HPD" names? Something else?

1 - 20 of 38 Posts