Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone added a sub in an RT ? Just wondering where you got your leads for the amp. I am considering it, but only if I can find useable existing leads. Don't want to replace the HU. Any insight ? Thanks!

·
Registered
25 Posts
chances are that the sub is powered by a factory amp anyone can correct me if im wrong but if thats the case i would just tap into that amp

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I was hoping to have a way to do it so that I didnt have to take a lead from the rear speaker. Come to think of it - are the rears in the doors? I assume so but not 100% - I need to look I guess. In my RSX it was easy. just took the leads from the sub in the hatch- easy to do. If I had the stock sub I'd be in that same boat again, but im not :cool: How difficult is it gonna be for me to take leads from the door? or should I just take them from behind the head unit. Now Im into removing the dash. ahaha

·
Registered
2,334 Posts
Some people on this forum say the Head unit in an RTL has RCA outputs that are not affected by the fader. If your unit has the RCAs you could use those to feed your amplified sub. I have not verified on my RTL whether this is true or not.

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
Really? Dang, I should have checked my stock radio more closely before I stored it up high in the nether regions of my garage. If I find the time, I will look for the stock 6-disc changer deck and see if it is true. If it is, it would indeed be good news for bass loving stereo nuts.

·
Registered
333 Posts
I am getting my system installed next tuesday, I am keeping the stock head unit. I purchased an Audio Control LC6 which lets you use your stock HU. The lcs also has a seperate subwoofer output which will work great since the radio is already equipped with the subwoofer level control
I like the stealth look. I will post pictures next week. for now here is a picture of the unit.
I am so excited , the stock system just doesnt cut it.

Attachments

·
Registered
41 Posts
Hey Chrissalvatore,

I'll defintley be interested in reading your feedback on the LC6. I've been debating a LC6 or JL Audio Cleansweep in my Ridgeline. I've actually been leaning towards the Cleansweep as I've read Honda's, in general, have some failrly significant EQ curves built into the stock radio. For example, they boost the treble frequencies and cut midrange and different volume levels. Bass gets cut at higher volumes too. The cleansweep is supposed to correct it.

It'll be interesting to see if the LC6 is all thats needed from your experience. It might be a good question for the install shop. My passive LOC does a fair job but midrange and deep bass leave something to be desired. Here's my install if you're interested:

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2192945

·
Registered
54 Posts
Did you finish your install? Im lookin to replace the speakers in my RTL with Nav and I cant decide between the Cleansweep and AudioControl.

·
Registered
41 Posts
If you do decide to tap off the rear speakers, it's actually quite easy. You'll find the speaker wires running to the rear doors are under the panels between the front and rear doors, right where the seat belts are bolted down at the bottom. Cant't tell you the wire colors right now though.

Before I replaced my head unit, I used tapped off there. Just pull the panel off the rear doors and pull the speakers to find out what the wires look like, then find them inside the cab. While you're at it, it will be a good time to replace those door speakers too :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts